Steelhead Jam 2016 11/4 - 11/6

pro4mance

pro4mance

SH Jam 2016 November 4 - 6
Lodging up to individuals, there is a pretty good size crew that stays at the Quality Inn on Sterrettania Road. A free hot breakfast buffet is included if you stay there.

This is a pretty laid back get together, more specific details will come as it gets closer.

Sounds good to me. GG

I'm in for at least 1 day, hopefully more.

I'll get there the Saturday and spend the night into Sunday.

Slightly disappointed there won't be any Halloween party people watching at the Quality Inn bar as Norm and I had last year, but I'm sure there will be some interesting characters there...

And maybe being a week later there will be some more fish up the system than last year...

Thanks for taking this over. Life has been too crazy the last few years for me to keep up with organizing it. Glad it's still going strong! That being said I have a short leash this Fall but I'll see what I can do about showing up for a day. If so, I'll bring donuts.............

Ryan, that happens with small offspring. hope you can make it.

I drove over Elk Creek yesterday or at least where it used to be. It was replaced with grass and a thin ribbon of water.

Captain Positive !!!!!!! Waiting for a PCRay extended forecast lol

Oh, I'm positive alright. Positive that the runs won't start early this year. Lake is still very warm. Water temp is 77 off of the city of Erie. But with the date you chose, should be fine.

We'll probably get a blizzard this year, after last years weather

I moved to South Carolina in May and I'm desperate for some good fishing. I would love to make this event and I'm going to see what I can do for at least one day. It's a 10 hour drive that's totally worth it. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully we get some rain before then. If we do I will be there. If we don't, I won't. Let's hope we get some rain!

groove790 wrote:
I moved to South Carolina in May

Good to hear from you. I've wondered where you seemed to have gone to. Glad you're still talking to your old PAFF buddies.

I don't want to appear too optimistic but it looks like the Steelbow Jam lines up with a Sat and Sun I have off...so yeah...pencil me in. I don't know what's happening. First Andy's get together and now the Steelhead Jam. I'm starting to get nervous.

I should be able to meet up either Saturday or Sunday. It has been warm and the lake is still 77* off Erie as of last night. Mouth of Walnut is a construction mess. Drove out to see this past Tuesday low and clear and not a fisherman to be seen, Trout Run no fish in the stream. Elk no one but boat fisherman to be seen. Need some rain with cooler temps until then fishing will be poor. Going up to NY State this weekend we will have to see whats happening.

I can't make the jam. Wife is taking the mother in law to NYC that weekend and I get the kids.

It's looking like I will be there the weekend prior, though. Halloween weekend.

Pat, there is an outside chance I can meet you there for a day that weekend... if you are interested.

Aint no fun fishing for steelhead by yourself.

No promises though. Have things going on and got behind on the farm work.

The more the merrier.

Won't be alone. Got at least 1 partner, maybe 3. But certainly if you can join we'd be happy to have ya. PM coming.

Nevermind, PM's not working. Will try again later...

I hope we got some rain. I will do some "selective" fishing and hope I will see you guys. Here is the pic from 20mile Creek, scary.

Attachments

• 20mile Creek~.jpg
    20mile Creek~.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 5
Back