Somerset Fly Fishing Show, NJ, 01/22-24/10

F

Fishidiot

Well, it's time once again to consider whether we want to attend the FF show in Somerset NJ. This was discussed a fair bit last year and lotsa PAFFers eventually attended. I'm planning on attending again this year.
The dates are the 22nd-24th of January and the fee is $15.

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Somerset__NJ.html

DaveK,
Check your PM.

What day are you guys going? I work till late on Friday but will be there on Saturday, in line, in the cold, for the opening!

I'm definatly in for one of these two days.

gfen wrote:
I'm definatly in for one of these two days.

Ditto it's on my calander as well. Anything Sat is doable for me. Let me know what you guys decide.

I'm flexible for either, as I don't have oral surgery scheduled this time.

They sent me a brocuhre in the mail, I'm half-way to Sat and Sun at this point. I kinda wished I had last tme, too.

Oh, and for those who did goto the Fly Tying show and were irked that Gartside didn't show: He was in the hospital, and has since passed on.

I have a fishing trip planned for that weekend, but if the weather fails us, I will be there.

I want to go badly but need to make some arrangements aka sitter to go .

Fred,

My girlfriend was basically a pro sitter all through college, but I think she will be out of town by then. I can let you know.

Bring the kid?

I notice one of our own is set to have a session in the "Destination Theater" Saturday at 10.

Now, if someone could kindly tell me what the Destination Theater actually is. :)

gfen wrote:
I notice one of our own is set to have a session in the "Destination Theater" Saturday at 10.

Now, if someone could kindly tell me what the Destination Theater actually is. :)

No, it doesn't involve anything you can smoke in your pipe. ;-)

You don't want to miss Old Lefty's presentation. This one alone is WAY more than worth the price of admission. Sounds like a fine place to meet on Saturday, and we get to see our good friend Dave again!

Get there early - Dave's presentations are always the most crowded ones at the show.

gfen wrote:
Bring the kid?

He's only 15 months

Fredrick wrote:
He's only 15 months

Give him an early start on a lifetime of angling enjoyment!

Baby Bjorn!!! Sling him up... :-D

I'm really, really, really thinking about going Friday.

I'll be seeing you guys there...I look forward to it.

Well momma dukes came threw so i'm in for Sat. :pint:

Shouldn't we be talking about having a rally point and time for everyone to do a meet and greet, or perhaps the hotel bar after the show ends for a drink-up?

Did you say BAR :pint:

Can't wait for the show!

Fredrick wrote:
Did you say BAR :pint:

There is, indeed. Any one interested in a group drink-up after show hours?

The official show hours end at 6pm.

Back