Paflyfish Spring 2020 Jamboree - CANCELLED

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
After careful deliberation, and in following the latest guidance from national, state and local authorities, we are sad to announce that the Paflyfish Spring Jamboree will not take place the weekend of May 15-17, 2020. We greatly appreciate your understanding as our actions are always in the best interest of our fly fishing community.

We may consider some sort of Fall Jamboree, but we will have to evaluate that at a later date.

As of March 26, 2020, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) holds to the following statement regarding fishing in Pennsylvania- "In Pennsylvania, fishing is a year-round activity with many species of fish to enjoy, including bass, panfish, musky, walleye, catfish, trout in select waters, and many more. Fishing is often a solitary activity and is currently acceptable per the guidelines issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Health if social distancing guidelines are followed."

Please keep up with current announcements and changes of these guidelines at https://www.fishandboat.com/

As of April 2, 2020, the Seven Mountains Campground is still open and operating. If you wish to make any cancellations, please contact them promptly about your reservation. They do have certain policies about cancellations and you will need to communicate with Seven Mountains Campground to discuss a refund or credit for a future date. I spoke with the new owners and they are very understanding of today's current situation. But, don't wait if you are changing your plans.

You can reach Seven Mountains Campground at (814) 364-1910 or https://www.sevenmountainscampground.com/

Please take care, be safe and follow all government guidelines during these times for health of everyone.

It was inevitable. Thanks Dave. All the things that got cancelled that made it so I might be able to go should have told me it would be cancelled as well.

And by cancelling, 2021 will still be the 25th, right?

Thanks Dave. Something to plan for even in these crazy times.GG

Sad to hear this. But not surprised.

Fall is a great time to fish too.
Maybe it will work out!

Personally I'm hoping on being in the area that week. Hard to pass up some fishing that time of year in central PA.

I canceled my cabin. I sent out email to everyone. Next will be a great one.
Todd

Will the Jamboree be back on? May 1st private campgrounds will be open again and fishing has always been allowed.

Large gatherings will still be restricted as well as social distancing and mask recommendations or requirements. I am not speaking for Dave Kile, but as an "organized event" it is dead, maybe something in the Fall if things improve. That said, there is nothing stopping anyone from going up that weekend "on their own." Personally, I would still urge extreme caution.

I agree with Jack. We will not be having the Spring Jamboree in 2020. Individuals can do as they wish for the weekend and I advise they take proper precautions to follow all government laws and guidelines.

Cabin 93
Friday to Monday

I'll be headed to Spring Creek from Friday through Sunday. Nice to have a hobby with the built in social distancing of the trout stream! Best of luck all, stay safe out there!

I saw some waders drying at 7 Mountains Campground. Fished until after dark so social distancing in the campground was pretty easy this trip. The hatches were pretty light on Spring all day Saturday and were extremely light on Penns when I left on Sunday at 4. Stream levels were perfect, fish were cooperative, but virtually no rises. Might have to go back to next weekend, have mask, will travel. Even though Center County is yellow, there were pretty few differences at gas stations and food places from red areas. It was nice to spend a few minutes supporting local fly shops. People wore masks and behaved pretty responsibly.

Good to responsibly see some of you. Take care out there.

Attachments

• B0F5F393-BE59-4778-A40A-2C6451F27D06.jpeg
    B0F5F393-BE59-4778-A40A-2C6451F27D06.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Tim Robinson for the overnight accommodations in Cabin 80. I was able to spend Saturday and Sunday fishing Lewistown-area streams and had a blast. Honey saw sulphurs come off, but not a great topwater performance by the trout. It didn't feel like a jam because it wasn't. For me, it was a few days spent fishing streams that I usually wouldn't fish.

Kish rainbow, Tea Creek wild brown, Honey Creek wild brown:

IMG-2923.jpg

IMG-2988.jpg

IMG-2975.jpg

Back