PAFF Rod and Reel Rendezous?

O

outsider

I gave this some thought, so I wanted to post it to see if there is an interest. Get together on a Saturday where multiple vehicles could be parked to display your choice of rods and reels. Or a building somewhere that would accommodate? One could see and feel rods and reels, and if the rod owner would permit, cast rods. I see this as an opportunity not only to check out rods and reels that you do not own, but to meet and talk with fellow board members in person. Could also show flies. Is there any interest?

Not a bad idea.

I don't think we've tried anything like this (other than some informal casting with other folks' gear at the jam).

Might generate some more interest if you announce a date and location and combine it with lunch or dinner at a good eatery or micro-brewery(?).

Might also be something to piggy-back on another event such as one of the fly tying get-togethers. Whatever the case, feel free to announce something like this, if you care to, and see if folks respond. If not, it was worth a try.

(This thread will be moved to the Events and Meet-Ups forum shortly.)

Perhaps an add-on to the fly tying get together, like the one that is held at the center along the Little Lehigh? Dave, you would know more than me where this was held and when. Something to think about.

Nice idea but I usually do this At the fly shows

Some people like to examine rods that are not typically at a rod show.

I think it’s a good idea.

Back