Manada 12-28-12

J

jdh2550

I will be fishing the Manada tomorrow. I will be at furnace rd bridge just off of manada bottom rd at 9 am if anyone is interested in going.

Hmm... Not sure I will be going tomorrow. I feel another sinus infection coming on.

Good chance I will be in the area.

It's 3:15 am. I know I won't be out fishin today. Nate - if you get out can you post a stream report so I know what I missed? Good luck!

I have never made it to this part of the Manada in the winter. How is the stock population this time of year in that portion of the creek? I know they have a fall stock but wasn't sure about winter.

That's what I was hoping to find out. I have not fished this over the winter months since 2001 or 2002. Back then it would hold good numbers of fish all year. When I get out I will post a stream report.

I attempted to make my way out to Fogarty Rd stock point today. I haven't been out here in years and I ended up turning back. Coming from Manada Gap rd GPS told me to turn onto McLean Rd, which is a dirt road. What I didn't like is that there were signs posted to keep out and vehicles subject to search and seizure, federal property etc....

I am sure it's ok but with my gas light turning on and not being certain I didn't want to risk finding another way there and accidentally ending up on property I am not suppose to be on.

What are others experiences and recommendations in this area?

Thanks!

Back