I Hear Banjo's Mini Jam on The Lehigh River June 4th

SBecker

SBecker

I have officially decided to run a mini jam on the Lehigh River. I chose June 4th, because the water should be really prime at that time for everybody to slam some fish.

Meeting spot- Bowmanstown Boat Launch
Time- 7am
Wade fishing- 7am-11am
Lunch- 11:30 on the back deck of RiverwWalcks overlooking the Pohopoco.
Float- 1:30pm
Float Stretch- TBA
Dinner- Platz or RiverWalcks for those that choose to.

I will really need to know how many people are coming, so I can reserve a large section of the deck for us. Also, I will contact a local guide on the Lehigh to do a little presentation on floating and fishing the Lehigh, while we are at RiverWalcks.
The float will take us at least 6 hours. So, you figure to be out of the water around 7:30-8ish, which will lead you some time to wade and fish the takeout area.

For those that choose to make this a weekend trip, I will be happy to fish with you Friday evening or Sunday morning.

Hope to see many of you there!

As of right now, I am in for the wading and the float.

Rob

I might be able to make this. Will wet wading be OK for early June? My buddy said that the water should in the mid 70's by that time. Is that true?

Is it the same buddy that gave you that thing on your lip? If it is, I would not trust him. Should be in the 60's.

I should be able to make this. I would be more interested in a longer float than time on the deck.

Bump

Looking forward to this event...
I'm going try to be out for the whole day, but I will definitely make it for the float...

Sounds good Phil, The river should be top notch on that date. There will be fish everywhere!

Friday I'll be fishing in the Jim Thorpe area after 4.00
Sat.is Race day .
But I might do some wade fishing down in that area on Sunday. Sounds good.

Anyone interested in fishing Jt on friday let me know.

I dunno about you, but I won't be fishing JT on Sunday, when there will be huge amounts of fish in Bowmanstown LOL

Sunday I'm comming down your way

I'm in. I'll bring my friend too

hey becker, i thought i had already responded (on another thread maybe?) but i'll be making the trip as well. my only question... will there be a few boats making the float trip? should i just join up with someone once we all meet?

I'm out. Gotta salvage some time with my lady.

rumour has it i bought a 'toon for a $20 and a hot dog. if so, you never know if i'll show up.

gfen,
That's some kind of deal! I was looking at one and they're a couple of hundred bucks. You probably have to drive like 294 miles to get it though.

ya'll floating pontoons ?

I'll be using my pontoon for this.

We have a slight problem with this date now. Such the LRSA moved Lunker Fest to the same day. We will have to change the meeting place to fish in the morning at. I am up for suggestions. We can still do the float on this section of river though, such as the contest will be over at 3. I will leave it up to you guys. Leave it to the LRSA to mess things up LOL

If anybody has an extra toon or a spot for me on their boat, let me know as well!!

Without actually trying to stir the pot, why is this a problem?

Its a public waterway. People went to court for this to be stated as law. Your former people cannot shut this one down no matter how hard they should.

Plus, shouldn't you want to float the brigade right down through the masses, anyways?

(here's the pot stirrin' bit)
I thought y'all were real friendly like to the norms from down here in the low lands? Always offering small talk and kindness, and never a word about not having a badge while menancingly shaking a metal stringer?
(let me put this spoon away)

Back