Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Harman's North Fork Invitationial

From Philadelphia PA
Since they are now considered "PROFESSIONAL", does that mean they won't be able to enter any of our local amatuer comps?

Way to go TEAM PA.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 9:14
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Brookville, PA
Great job to Team PAFlyFish! Shane and Phil you guys really fished well and caught a few big fish when you needed to most. Being only 8cm from 1st to 3rd shows how close it was in the end. That is only 3.14 inches between the 3 teams! See you guys there next year.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 9:26

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
As Phil and I have told you over and over again, you and Woody really helped us with some good tips. We really do owe much of our success to you guys. Thank you for that Mark.

Thank you to everybody as well for the kind words. Our goal going down was not finishing in last place. We accomplished that.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 10:32

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Brookville, PA
No problem man that is what competition is all about if you are not sharing and helping everyone become better anglers what is the point.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 11:23

From Lehigh Valley
Thanks All!

We had an absolute blast...I guess that was the main goal but after that we just didn't want to get last place. Being our first comp we had quite a few lessons along the way. Every session had some very adverse moments...like starting the first session thinking we had time to set up our rods etc and having to start right away. Shane had a rod ready and I was stringing 3 rods that had bird nest leaders...20 mins in Shane calls for a switch and I'm still MIA. Second session started out really hot. We got to five quick and had even let a smaller fish go...to everything shutting down all of sudden and somehow pulling a couple fish in the final moments...3rd session was worst beat on a cold morning. Pounding the crap out of a shallow pocket run was exhausting and highly unproductive...and it was our 2 fly. Final round were on our 4th fish and I needed to get my second...ended up dropping 2 hogs that I swore took out of taking it...
There's a lot of luck of the draw involved but you have to capitalize on the chances you get and I'm glad we were able to do that for the most part.
I was hoping to meet some real pro guys and bunking with Mark Hanes (MHanes) and Dave Woody took care of that. They are real class acts and all around good dudes.
We got to see how things work behind the scenes and there is a lot of work that goes into this event...this played out for an amazing time for all the participants.
A special thanks to Todd and Ryan Harman, and the entire staff at Harmans (and also Big Riggs catering) They pulled out all the stops to make this thing work out so well.
And of course a huge thank you to Dave, Maurice and all of Paflyfish for providing this opportunity...without your contributions to this site, we would have probably only have seen this on TV
Oh and how can I forget...thank you Curtis and and FRC staff. It's pretty amazing all efforts they go through to help Vets, disabled, anyone in need etc...it has evolved into a tight knit community of friends, volunteers etc that is one big family

I'm sure there's others that I forgot and many more details on this event that seemed like a long journey from start to finish...I will follow up with anyone I missed and I think there will more in the official write up

Thanks again everyone!!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 11:43

Here is a few links to an article/photo's, a video, and a podcast from WV Metro News.

WV Metro News Article/Pictures

Podcast of W.V. Outdoors

Posted on: 2013/5/6 14:07

From Perkasie PA
I dont know what's better...the fact that you guys won, or the fact that you got interviewed on a nationally televised cable show while rocking a handlebar mustache.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 16:27

The handlebar was shaved off today. I promised my wife I would after the HNFI. I just did it for lolz.

As I told other competitors...Everybody in the fly fishing world seems to want to grow massive beards. Not me, I wanted to grow a stupid curly mustache.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 16:40

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
Congratulations Shane and Phil. You really did us proud!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 18:02

From Virginia/SWPA
They cheated!! I got them on film putting pieces of nightcrawlers on the tip of their flies!!! LOL
Glad to have met you both! Congratulations

Posted on: 2013/5/6 18:14

~Irish proverb~

Just so everybody knows, YoughnessMonster shows up to our second session and tells us...."Just so you guys know, every time I come to get footage of the competitors they seem to get skunked. So just tell me to leave if you want." Phil immediately hooked and landed the biggest fish of the competition, but then we did not catch another fish until he freaking left. If the footage of Phil's fish does not make the show it is Yough's fault.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 19:19

The Lehigh cultivates fly fishing gods.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 20:39

From Pittsburgh
Very cool! Way to go, guys! Making us proud!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 20:48

From Clearfield
Nice job guys!

Posted on: 2013/5/6 21:10

From Harrisburg
Thats pretty darn neat.
Congrats to both.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 5:35

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com