CFFCM ART OF THE ANGLER SHOW

F

flymom

[color=0000FF]The 2011 Arts of the Angler Show is a full feature fly fishing show in an elegant atmosphere. Over 30 of the best known and new faces in fly tying providing continuous demonstrations through out the show. Learn at eye level and sit down comfortably directly across from them. You will find the finest contemporary & collectible fly fishing tackle & accessories, fly tying materials, books, destinations, instruction, guiding, & services for the fly fishing community. A Live Auction Saturday evening will bring some fine fishing tackle, books, artwork, & other superior items to the auction block. Featuring new, vintage and collectible fly rods including Leonard 38, T&T Ltd Catskill Legend, Carpenter Traditional Graphite, Tom Morgan Graphite, Orvis Impregnated Pat. Pending/ Jordan, Sage 10th Anniversary with reel. Flies: Cross, Talleur, Grant; Ephemera: Schweibert, Shaw; many Hardy reels, Books: signed Hewitt, LaBranche; and many other items of great interest.
For more details visit www.cffcm.net or the CFFCM's Facebook Fanpage for program schedule, auction update & all activities.

Show Hours: Saturday, November 12, 9:00 AM - 5 PM; 5:30 PM - Dinner; 7:30 PM - Live Auction
Sunday, November 13, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
[/color]

Man, this is confusing. This appears to be a benefit for Catskill Fly Fishing Museum but the event is in Connecticut? I think I have that right.

jdad - The CatskillFFM is really more of a national, or for that matter, international organization in span and reach. Many ffishers consider the Catskills the home of fly fishing, especially the dry fly favor. Even the Beaverkill, beat up as it has been, harbors a truly amazing number of insects and species. And the classic hatches are still moderately predictable.

The Museum is worthy, and if you ever want to see and meet the giants of our wonderful sport, you are likely to find them there.

The Danbury event is similar to the Somerset extravaganzas in format, but quite a bit more intimate and more rigorous for the classical parts of fly fishing. It's a bit of a haul from Philly, but a worthy day trip especially if you have a buddy riding shotgun.

tl
les

we do a tying get together in February every year, which is worth coming too. lots of great tiers there..

sandfly wrote:
we do a tying get together in February every year, which is worth coming too. lots of great tiers there..

At the museum in NY?

yes at the museum.......

Attended this show last year for the first time as a vendor. Lots of bamboo rod builders there and some very good fly tiers from all over and some interesting seminars. The show is held at the Ethan Allen Inn Danbury,CT in two large banquet rooms and they packed the people in there. Had a great time talking to many people about the streams up that way and making some new friends. Its a pretty good medium size show. Will be there again this year.

Yes, the show is being held at the Ethan Allen Inn, Exit 4 off I-84 in Danbury, Connecticut. It is sponsored by the Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum.

Sounds nice but why not post it in the events section and why do we need 2 threads on this?

Tom,
It had originally been posted in A&E forum as well as here. I deleted the double post in A&E. I left this thread up as folks had already replied. Flymom has since re-posted in A&E and both can stay for the time being.

The record Oct snow took down a huge number of power lines in the Northeast and I gather power is still out in Danbury itself. Any prognosis re the show being able to go on?

tl
les

Back