Bill Fink Bamboo Rods up for auction by local TU club

SNJChef

SNJChef

The South Jersey Ray Neirle Trout Unlimited Chapter, has 4 Bill Fink bamboo rods for auction. The following Rods are available.

1. __________ 7 ft. 4 wt. 1 piece rod. 3 sided Garrison Taper

2. __________7 ft. 4/5 wt. 2 piece rod. Quad construction Zimny inspired Taper

3. __________7 ft. 2/3 wt. 2 piece rod. Extra tip. Quad construction (nodeless) Zimny inspired taper

4. __________ 7 ft. 4 wt. 2 piece “experimental” rod. Extra tip. 3 sided with a very unique pine bark grip

I have read a few articles and reviews on Bill's rods, and figured anyone into bamboo might be interested in these. PM me for the details and contact information. The last day of the auction will be at the monthly meeting at the end of the meeting.

SNJCHEF

When's the meeting. I obviously can't attend (too far), but night be interested in buying a ticket.

Do you have to be there to win?

Is each raffled separately, or will it be as numbers are pulled, you get to pick from whatever is left?

Feel free to send a PM. As I said, I might be interested in buying a ticket if there is time. But no promises.

Sorry Gulf, not buying tickets for you this time.;-)

Inside joke,

FarmerDave wrote:
Is each raffled separately, or will it be as numbers are pulled, you get to pick from whatever is left?

It says auction; not raffle.

Thanks and sorry.

Those 3 sided sticks that Bill made are unique. Unlike the 5 sided rods I have and have cast.ffished, the action is asymmetrical - which is to say the forecast and backcast feel distinctly different.

I should have pictures to post by Monday!

This thread will be moved to the Events forum shortly.
Thanks,
DaveW

Pictures as requested. PM if you need contact info for bidding.

SNJCHEF

Attachments

• 7ft 1pc.jpg
    7ft 1pc.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 8
  • 7ft Zimny 2pc.jpg
    7ft Zimny 2pc.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 7ftZimny 2pc.jpg
    7ftZimny 2pc.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7ft experimental.jpg
    7ft experimental.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 6
I have current updated bids if anyone is interested PM me.

Chef

Back