Bass and Bourbon Weekend

J

jjsjigs

It's time for the annual Bass and Bourbon Weekend with the Dirtbag Flyfishing Posse.

8/13 and 8/14, 2010.

All PA Flyfishers worth a damn are invited. (Does this mean you? Maybe. Are you worth a damn? If you are... then... YES! Your invited).

This festive weekend is filled with dark smoky brown libations usually made in Kentucky. (With names like Knob Creek, Blanton's, Elijah Craig, and Wild Turkey)

We have this weekend in and around the area of Towanda, PA in good 'ol Bradford County. We fish the North Branch Suskie and a few of the bassiest tribs we can find.

So if your up to the challenge of some great fishing and equally great booze... email jjsjigs@epix.net and I'll send you the locations we will be fishing. (so you can either join us there... or know where to NOT fish around drunk-assed-bourbon lovers waving a stick on the river)

Oh yeah, bring a bottle to share!!!

Sounds like a good time

It may be to a limited group of watchers, but this is about the finest use of the angry Hitler movie overdub I've _ever_ seen:

http://forum.fishingthetwintiers.com/2010/05/02/this-is-how-to-advertise-a-fishing-event/

I about wet myself with the, "don't throw your pen at me" part.

No, "don't cry, they've switched to furled leaders."

gfen wrote:
It may be to a limited group of watchers, but this is about the finest use of the angry Hitler movie overdub I've _ever_ seen:

http://forum.fishingthetwintiers.com/2010/05/02/this-is-how-to-advertise-a-fishing-event/

I about wet myself with the, "don't throw your pen at me" part.

No, "don't cry, they've switched to furled leaders."

Great find Gary. Made me smile.

Also, the "If Tony Soprano was a Flyfisherman" is a classic thread that we are very proud of on Twin Tiers (go to The Remedy-Absinthe Lounge). I can't take credit for the Hitler video... but damn that thing is sooo funny.

"don't cry, they've switched to furled leaders."

Ya, that was a pisser.

Back