2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree, 12/15/12

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

To all PAFF members, family, and friends:

The 2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree will be held on Saturday December 15th, from 10AM - 6PM.

This event will be held at the Lehigh Gap Nature Center - a beautiful facility on the banks of the Lehigh River, near the intersection of Rt 873 and Rt 248. Information and directions to the Nature Center can be found here:

http://lgnc.org/

Tyers of all skill levels are encouraged to attend this event, and as usual, this event is free of charge. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your tying skills, help others learn your favorite patterns, and will allow everyone to improve their skills and learn new patterns and techniques.

We'll have tying space for at least 30+ tyers, and room for spectators as well. Newcomers to the art of tying flies are encouraged to attend, and there will be an opportunity to practice on tying equipment that will be provided, as well as an instructor to teach basic techniques.

After the Jam, we'll be heading over to Riverwalck's Saloon for dinner and refreshments - we have an entire room reserved for us.

Check out the post in the Tying forum for further details on what to bring. Please sign up for this event in the post in the Tying forum, so we know who'll be attending and the flies being tied. Please note the categories of tying techniques, and try to pick a pattern that fits into one of the categories.

A raffle of tying equipment and supplies will be held at the end of the day, with all proceeds being donated to the Nature Center. We should have some great items to win!

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and meeting new ones. This should be a really fun day!

H.A.

Less than a month away....

Ed,

We had met at the last Jam in December 2011 at the LGNC. I tied the Humphreys Cress Bug. I finally signed up to the forum and will be attending this year as well. I see we have about 20 tyers , so I will bring my stuff and if there is room, will try to tie a few (not sure of the pattern, though). Look forward to seeing everyone. Is there still a no food/no drink policy at the Center?

Greg

Hey Greg!

Welcome to the forum! I heard from Old Lefty that you were coming to this event. You and your buddy tied up some really impressive ties last year, and you're most welcome to tie again. I'll add you in to the rotation as a TBD on fly pattern down in the tying forum thread (TBD = To be decided). No need to decide beforehand, just tie what you want within the 15 minute time slot. If you sit about where you did last year, you can tie all day without being disturbed - to make room for additional tyers that didn't fit into the first round of tying.

There's gonna be several other guest tyers there, and I haven't listed them in that other thread. Now that you're a member, you're on the list. Hope your buddy can make it as well - his Royal Wulffs were spectacular!

The no food/drink restriction came from me. I was kinda nervous about making a mess in that beautiful room! I'm gonna bring coffee and donuts for those that didn't get to eat breakfast, but I don't want to spoil everyone's appetites for our Riverwalck food/beer fest.

Feel free to bring whatever you'd like to eat and drink. We'll just keep everything on the tables, since I'm gonna put down plastic table cloths again. We can also use the adjoining kitchen - that's where the coffee and donuts will be.

See you there!

Ed

Just a quick update on this event....

Our raffle is looking pretty sweet!

The grand prize is a custom tying bench donated by csoult, and that's sitting under cover here in my living room. This bench is unbelieveably beautiful!

I also have 25 $10 gift certicates, and 2 $25 gift certificates from J.Stockard - they really put a lot of effort into these certificates, and they even have the PAFF logo on the top! Just amazing.

I've also got a $25 gift certificate from Flyfisher's Paradise.

Fishidiot donated a beautiful brook trout print. You've seen Dave's work before, and this thing is just stunning.

The Classic Fly Fisherman Fly Shop in Lansdale donated a bunch of tying materials for our raffle (thanks Chief!).

Performance Flies donated a $25 gift certificate, and a dozen flies tied by Kevin Compton. Kevin has tied many flies for the USA Flyfishing Team, and his flies are always top notch.

Several of the tyers are tying extra flies for the raffle, and I can't wait to see what Eunan Hendron comes up with.

Still waiting for more certificates/materials to arrive, but we're looking pretty good on prizes!

H.A.

Back