WTB: Orvis Green Mountain Series 5 wt (or sections)

hooker-of-men

hooker-of-men

From the research I've done, finding this seems like a long shot, but I figure you resourceful folks are my best bet...

My dad recently broke his preferred rod that he's fished for quite a long time: an Orvis Green Mountain series 7' 9" 5 wt. It's a 2 piece, and, in a perfect world, I'd like to replace the tip end as a gift. However, I'd also be open to buying the full rod as a replacement.

If you can help, please let me know!

Much appreciated.

Finding a tip only for sell is a longshot more likely to find a full rod. I don't have a spare one to sell at this time. I would look on ebay and would not limit the search to only "Green Mountain" rods.

Rods branded as "Clearwater" and come in a green plastic tube and have the same unsanded style blank as your dads rod.

Rods in a grey tube with a burgundy label, Rod is labeled "Orvis Graphite"

Rods branded as Orvis "Rocky Mountain" or "Silver Label".

Rods branded as "Superfine".

The 7' 9" 5 wt also is known as the "Far and Fine".

Any of the above rods are pretty much the same rod as your dads rod.
These rods vary by grade of hardware. The "Green Mountain" was the lowest grade, cheap reel seat, Green D profile plastic tube.

Thanks very much!

I was aware of the similarity with the Far and Fine but did not know about the others. I will expand my eBay searches. I appreciate the help.

Are you still looking for the Orvis Rod?
I have 2
Let me know if your interested

Bumping, as I am still in search of an Orvis 7' 9" 5 wt.

Strong preference for the Green Mountain series, but I would be interested in hearing about other Orvis rods in this length/weight if someone has one they are looking to unload.

Thanks.

Hi, I have the same rod as well as several other Super and Ultra Fine rods and really like them. This maybe a long shot.... suggest give Orvis a call to hav a new section built. Even tho the rod may be out of warranty, Orvis may be able to provide you with a new tip section.

Thanks, shoog. I've heard rumors that Orvis won't/can't do anything in terms of repairs/replacements for these older rods. I've never called to confirm, but I should sometime.

At this point, I'm resigned to hopefully just buying a replacement of the full rod (Green Mountain 7'9"). Thought I had one locally a few months back, but I moved too slow. Still looking!

Hi, this Silver Label may fit your need to replace the 5wt. Seems like a decent price..
Let me know if the link does not work....

http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=141142

Back