Wholesale Fly Company (online vendor) going out of business

wgmiller

wgmiller

Hopped on the website of one of my favorite online typing supply vendors today only to find out they're going out-of-business this year. Not because of a lack of business, but due to retirement instead. I'm not sure how many people have purchased from them before, but their products were always decent and shipping was lightning fast. Keep your eyes peeled to the website for additional sales.

https://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/

Thanks for the heads up.

Bought some beads. Pretty good price.

never heard of them until you mentioned them. I hopped on and placed an order. Great prices. Wish I knew sooner.

That was my go-to place for beads. I'm sorry to see them closing up shop. I jumped online and stocked up on sizes i was low in. Their regular prices good enough that i'm not waiting around for sale prices somewhere else. Thanks for the heads up.

The word I received is Wholesale Fly Company was bought out by someone based in Downingtown, PA and renamed the "Fast Fish Wholesale Fly Company".

Here is the website > https://fastfishwholesaleflycompany.com/

Does anyone have any info on the new owner or the company?

The word I received is Wholesale Fly Company was bought out by someone based in Downingtown, PA and renamed the "Fast Fish Wholesale Fly Company".

Here is the website > https://fastfishwholesaleflycompany.com/

Does anyone have any info on the new owner or the company?
Interesting, the products and prices definitely look similar, wonder if the guy bought a bunch of Bob’s old stock. But if you go to the old wholesaleflycompany website at the bottom it says the company was sold to Matt Hawkins of Arkansas.

Interesting, the products and prices definitely look similar, wonder if the guy bought a bunch of Bob’s old stock. But if you go to the old wholesaleflycompany website at the bottom it says the company was sold to Matt Hawkins of Arkansas.

Interesting ^

Perhaps "Fast Fish Wholesale Fly Company" is an upstart online fly tying supplier in Downingtown using the word "wholesale" in their name.

I did reach out to the owner a few weeks ago, because I was surprised when I went to the website and saw the business is still alive. The new owner bought the inventory, online storefront, etc., and said he hopes to continue on with the business model Bob built.

in the "About" for the first site linked by the OP, it says: "Started in 2004 by Bob Brower, Wholesale Fly Company began with just 4 items for sale . . . Matt Hawkins purchased the business in 2023 with well over a 1000 different items."

Maybe Matt Hawkins is the Downington owner?

in the "About" for the first site linked by the OP, it says: "Started in 2004 by Bob Brower, Wholesale Fly Company began with just 4 items for sale . . . Matt Hawkins purchased the business in 2023 with well over a 1000 different items."

Maybe Matt Hawkins is the Downington owner?

This was in one of the emails I got from the new owner. It appears the business has shifted to Arkansas.

Screenshot 2023 10 25 at 17 35 20 Wholesale Fly Company Meet the New Owner   W Geoffrey Mille

Nice to be able to put the face to the name. Like others, I was completely unaware of the store as a source for fly tying material. I'll absolutely give them a look next time I'm looking to replinish supplies.

Thx wgmiller for sharing.

Nice to be able to put the face to the name. Like others, I was completely unaware of the store as a source for fly tying material. I'll absolutely give them a look next time I'm looking to replinish supplies.

I've used them quite a bit for beads - more specifically slotted tungsten beads. They can be quite pricey depending on where you buy them and their prices are hard to beat. I also buy their hooks and haven't had any issues with them straightening, etc.

Definitely recommend the hooks and beads, of the hundreds of hooks I used only had 1 shank break off, and that was after plenty of fish. I will likely still continue to buy from them. The only bad part is I’m going to have to get used to waiting longer for shipping, when Bob owned it I’d get materials next day since I lived only a town over.

The only bad part is I’m going to have to get used to waiting longer for shipping, when Bob owned it I’d get materials next day since I lived only a town over.

I'm only a few counties away from Da Skook and couldn't agree more that shipping time was amazing. Bob turned orders around lightning quick. It will be an adjustment waiting for packages from Arkansas, so planning will be key!

Perhaps I can explain…Wholesale Fly Company has changed hands. I wish the new owner success with his venture. Fast Fish WFC is a new vendor selling fly tying hooks and beads with plans to expand into additional fly tying and fly fishing supplies. I hope you will give us a try. It’s my goal to at least live up to the excellent materials and service Bob provided for many years. I was a customer for some time. Anyway… that’s it…two vendors offering similar items.
Have fun!
Kevin

i prefer staying with the original "wholesale fly company"

Back