White Flies on the Susky

LOL, thanks for posting it for me

Still a few around tonight - Aug. 15th - on the North Branch, enough to get some bass interested. Might be the ending for it though, might need to head up river to find more white flies.

New,,,,old member just moved back to PA. Fishing WB Susquehanna last 4-5 weeks. Any info on NB river would be great. Not looking for spots just general areas,,,,if white flies still going.

WB using mostly white boogle popper,,,, caught a few on blue sliders. Been slower lately with big moon? But I am fishing AM. Most small 8-12” but have caught a few tanks. A lot of fun on 6wgt.

Good time wet wading,,,,gave up on trout early June with high temps…we need some rain and cooler temps in Central PA.

Thanks
Steve L

Attachments

• ADB3C263-3E79-4342-B7FD-AAA8AB688DA1.jpeg
    ADB3C263-3E79-4342-B7FD-AAA8AB688DA1.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 14
New,,,,old member just moved back to PA. Fishing WB Susquehanna last 4-5 weeks. Any info on NB river would be great. Not looking for spots just general areas,,,,if white flies still going.

WB using mostly white boogle popper,,,, caught a few on blue sliders. Been slower lately with big moon? But I am fishing AM. Most small 8-12” but have caught a few tanks. A lot of fun on 6wgt.

Good time wet wading,,,,gave up on trout early June with high temps…we need some rain and cooler temps in Central PA.

Thanks
Steve L
This weekend around the Tunkhannock area would be a good bet for white flies, you will want to look for them in the evenings and into the night - 7p-9:30pm would be prime time. I'm a boogle bug fan as well, sometimes the small white popper can fool the smallies during this hatch.

Had the pup down swimming last night and there was still a fishable hatch above narrows. I was shocked

Still fishing WB of Susquehanna,,,,,,between Montgomery and Williamsport. No hatches but they love the White Boogle bug. Fishing usually 9-2, not prime time but usually catching a dozen most are 9-12”. But have caught some nice ones every week. Big boys usually smash bug as soon as it hits the water. Been a lot of fun, retired in January fishing several days every week. Waiting on some rain and cooler temps to get back on trout. Amazingly the local freestones have a lot of hold over trout in them. Looking around this AM ,,,,saw lots of both trout and smallies in local creek,,,all together in the shade !

Back