Where Would You Spend the Spring / Summer Trout Fishing in PA?

Wanted to buy a house in the skook but wife wouldn’t let me because of proximity to her job

I would be on the banks of Penns Creek year round if I could swing it. You guys can have the rest of PA.

Maybe a couple of trips to the UDR system to add some variety.

I try to get up to state college every year and meet some college friends to fish. I may end up retiring in that area, at least 9 months out of the year. I am 46 and already starting to think about buying land or a house to make my base.

I'll be spending my time in the northern tier.
Brown and brook trout abound.

Bedford. One of SWPAs best.

The Poconos have done an amazing job purchasing open space over the past couple decades. Tax money, TU, BWA, and PHLT all are major contributors. The most current open space they're looking to acquire is boy scout land where middle creek originates. I fish downstream (private) and it's an amazing creek albeit with small trout. They continue to purchase properties like this and they typically have streams on them that contain trout.

Only problem many of the conservancies don't allow fishing.

Bedford. One of SWPAs best.
FWIW, we relate to State College more than PGH. I always considered us to be "central PA." Maybe a touch left of center, I guess. We don't have that much good water, but it's a good location that is central to a lot of good water in PA and Maryland.

I'll stay where I am, I'm close to state and county parks with lakes and ponds. Miles of special regulation streams, natural reproducing trout streams, I'm in 4 fishing clubs all doing outreach in the community, blue lining on State game lands. What's not to love about Chester County

I'll stay where I am, I'm close to state and county parks with lakes and ponds. Miles of special regulation streams, natural reproducing trout streams, I'm in 4 fishing clubs all doing outreach in the community, blue lining on State game lands. What's not to love about Chester County
What's not to love about Chester County? The traffic! 😎

Pa. elk country.....Sinnemahoning's First Fork and many, many wild trout waters....

Reactions: CRB
Back