JackM

Staff member
Thread continuation....

From Bopper:

Goddard Caddis

15004_5904bd28355be.jpg

brown stonefly creeper

29bm1qh.jpg

nfrechet, I really like your "over the back"style tying with pheasant tail. Using the tail to cover not only wingcase but over the abdomen as well, creates a nice two tone effect especially when dubbing with green-yellow, and other brighter dubbing colors. I have almost an entire box dedicated to that particular style of pheasant tail that I first seen from your website... good stuff

thanks

since the pheasant tail fibers were long enough i decided to use them for the entire length of the fly instead of just cutting them off and into the trash bin

Sulphur nymphs with emergent wing cases. The normal wing case is replaced with yellow cdc. The yellow cdc acts as a trigger point and allows me to slightly better see my fly when sight nymphing.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 10
bird's stonefly nymph

358e9sj.jpg

Working on some steelhead flies for this fall

sthdfly1.jpg

Size 10 2XL Quill Wing March Brown

Attachments

• Quill Wing MB.JPG
    Quill Wing MB.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 5
Nice flys everyone. John nice MB.

GenCon

TCTrout's Ice Dub Peeping Caddis

Tied on #12 jig hooks, 8 turns of lead wire, 2.8mm black bead, peacokc black ice dub case, caddis green ice dub head and a few turns of small copper wire.

Attachments

• Ice Dub Peeping Caddis.JPG
    Ice Dub Peeping Caddis.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 6
Really nice ties everyone. I have been away from the vise far to long. I am hoping to get back at it soon. It's been two week since I fished or tied I think I am having withdraw symptoms.

or8h6t.jpg

2vdiblu.jpg

14xdjid.jpg

2q1dumf.jpg

balloon caddis

33en4fl.jpg

Nice tie, Norm. What is the "balloon" comprised of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back