The Spring Jamboree is Back! May 20-22, 2022

I've never been to the jam in my near decade of being a member of this forum

Come man. Spend a night at the campground too. Fishing is a big part of it, but none of us need to gather together just to fish. What the jam adds is a social aspect.

As for what to expect, small groups run across each other and BS here and there throughout the day. Cast different rods on the lawn and such, share some laughs. Groups leave and fish a while, then come back. Some stick with the same group the whole time, some switch up.

Everyone and their mother goes fishing in the evening, campground is empty. They stay out till after the spinner fall, make their walks and drives back to the campground. People start trickling into the pavilion around 9:30. The crowd is still growing at 10:30 as more come back. Before you know it there's a sizable group, lots of food, drink, stories, laughs, fire, music. Putting faces and personalities to screen names. Comparing what fished well and didn't. Most will last until at least midnight, and then it slowly shrinks, with some holdouts going into the wee hours. Get up tomorrow and do it all over again. It's a good time. Ranks up there with deer season weekend for me...

The weather is great here!!
I will probably go back to spring today.

LMK when you get here!!

Spring is fast , but, fish able and wading is fine

I've never been to the jam in my near decade of being a member of this forum. I might try to just meet up and fish with some of you fellas though, especially since I live nearby. Penns won't be fishable most likely, but plenty of other cricks will be.
Yeah Josh, c'mon up to fish with us this weekend and have fun afterwards. You live right in the neighborhood. Too early for your J River smallies. I know there's some trout (and some beers) with your name on them!!....

AF84DD0D D43E 4150 94D3 2690F8E7002E

Enjoy, you're in for a beautiful night.

Tomorrow night, some light rain will arrive in the evening. Finishes up before dawn Thursday. 0.1-0.2" total. Thursday looks decent.

Gets hot and soupy but stays dry on Friday and Saturday. Some hit or miss stronger storms around early Sunday, before the cold front reaches us in afternoon or evening with a solid "not gonna miss" but short lived line, bringing in cooler dryer air behind it.

Watch out around Memorial Day. They have a hurricane forming in the gulf, no idea where it's goin yet, but current models have it landfalling between Texas and Florida and coming up the apps to reach us on memorial day in a real soaker. Everyone try to blow it to the east, screw Florida, lol.

Last edited:
Dave Kile - Friday to Sunday
Maurice - Friday to Sunday
afishinado - Friday to Sunday
Dave Weaver - Friday to Sunday
wgmiller - yes
Aducker - Thursday to Sunday
Lestrout - Thursday to Friday
Gulfgreyhound - Tuesday till Monday
Tigereye - Friday to Sunday
trapshooter - yes
Shakey: Monday (16th) to Wednesday (25th)
Jack, Joe & Gino - Thursday arrivals (late)
Alby and Don - Thursday to Sunday
Pat (pcray) and Scott - Friday to Monday.
Acesedgley - Thursday to Sunday
Trapshooter - yes
Greenghost - yes
PennypackFlyer - maybe Friday
Adam, Joe and Tom Gamber - Thursday to Sunday
Jdaddy (Jeff), Rayven, Gabe - Friday to Sunday
Sbecker - Friday or Saturday arrival
Bruno - Friday till ........
bikerfish, Dave, and Chuck - Thursday till Monday
turkey - Saturday
jifigz - possibly

Total of 35 confirmed or showing interest.

Dave Kile - Friday to Sunday
Maurice - Friday to Sunday
afishinado - Friday to Sunday
Dave Weaver - Friday to Sunday
wgmiller - yes
Aducker - Thursday to Sunday
Lestrout - Thursday to Friday
Gulfgreyhound - Tuesday till Monday
Tigereye - Friday to Sunday
trapshooter - yes
Shakey: Monday (16th) to Wednesday (25th)
Jack, Joe & Gino - Thursday arrivals (late)
Alby and Don - Thursday to Sunday
Pat (pcray) and Scott - Friday to Monday.
Acesedgley - Thursday to Sunday
Trapshooter - yes
Greenghost - yes
PennypackFlyer - maybe Friday
Adam, Joe and Tom Gamber - Thursday to Sunday
Jdaddy (Jeff), Rayven, Gabe - Friday to Sunday
Sbecker - Friday or Saturday arrival
Bruno - Friday till ........
bikerfish, Dave, and Chuck - Thursday till Monday
turkey - Saturday
jifigz - possibly
csoult- Friday evening-Sunday

That usually means about 70 will show up at the pavilion. I can't wait to get the hell out of Dodge.
It will be a good weekend. No formal plans at the pavilion this year. Just a good place to meet up for a drink after fishing and some coffee in the mornings.

Some things have a way of just happening. Will Dave be painting? Could be an epic Shakey show...

The Jam is on, I will see you guys Friday and stay until next week.
If I find the place to sleep I can stay even longer….
No Ruling Creek

:unsure:

Last edited:
Alright fellas. I am going to at least make an appearance. I can't guarantee I am staying a night but I may, we shall see. I just bought a house with my lady about 6 months ago and the list of stuff I've been doing has had me busy..shoot, I've barely fished this spring. But regardless, I will at least come and fish, maybe stay, maybe not. Who knows, I'll play it all by ear. Let's say I'd come to the campground Saturday morning, what time will you fellers being heading off to the cricks?

Let's say I'd come to the campground Saturday morning, what time will you fellers being heading off to the cricks?

There's no set groups or times. A handful are out at day break. Some will sleep off hangovers and won't get out at all until evening. And everything in between.

The most common thing probably, though, is that people will make their plans Friday night.

Doesn't mean you can't pop in Saturday morning and find a group happy to have you join them. But there's no way to say anything absolute of who will be where until evening. The best bet, if you have the ability, is run up Friday night and stop by the pavilion. People will start to trickle in around 9:30 and it'll be a crowd of 40+ by 11 p.m. It'll be a social scene, mostly men, but your lady is welcome. Drink and food will be shared, and people will discuss what worked and didn't on Friday and proceed to group up and make Saturday plans.

Alright fellas. I am going to at least make an appearance. I can't guarantee I am staying a night but I may, we shall see. I just bought a house with my lady about 6 months ago and the list of stuff I've been doing has had me busy..shoot, I've barely fished this spring. But regardless, I will at least come and fish, maybe stay, maybe not. Who knows, I'll play it all by ear. Let's say I'd come to the campground Saturday morning, what time will you fellers being heading off to the cricks?
Nice! Most guys head out by early afternoon and fish 'til dark +. Just hang out at the pavilion or you can walk around the cabin area to see familiar faces.

Back