The Paflyfish Top Trout Award – 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see so many photos of impressive trout caught across Pennsylvania and nearby states every year. Some we know where they came from and what fly they took, and others are more mysterious. Mostly, they’re wild brown and brook trout. Some of these fish are impressive due to their size and others are real lookers with beautiful colors; some are especially impressive based on where they came from as certain streams have cachet as tough streams with few large trout.

I have long felt that PAFF should identify a “top trout” on an annual basis from the photos submitted throughout the year. We’ve discussed it among the moderator staff over the years. So, for 2019, I’m keeping an eye on some especially impressive fish posted to this site. At the end of the year, the “winner” and some runners-up will be identified by the moderator staff. In the meantime, I have canvassed the pics from last year and we have selected a final group of five particularly impressive fish. From these, we have selected a winner.

13138_5d2d2c3ba137c.jpg
13138_5d2d2c469a596.jpg

13138_5d2d2c5159cae.jpg
13138_5d2d2c5b772b9.jpg

So (cue the drum roll), the Top Trout for 2018 was submitted to the site by Nightstalker – a magnificent brown trout caught on a streamer (Below). Of course, the decision was tough. Runners-up (Above) included a large brook trout submitted by Salvalinusfontinalis, another large brookie submitted by Mowgoli84. 3wt7X submitted a big brown caught by a friend from Penns, and Nymph-wristed submitted a beautiful wild brown that, although it wasn’t the unicorn he hooked, was still a “pig.” These were all top fish in their own right and worthy to be remembered by a Pennsylvania fly fisher as a fish of a lifetime.

13138_5d2d2c1be8110.jpg

Nightstalker – Brown Trout

So, kudos to Nightstalker for winning the Top Trout Award for 2018. Even more so, a heartfelt thanks from Dave Kile and the moderator staff for all the enjoyable content and beautiful photographs and stories that YOU, our readers, have contributed to this site for so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back