The Fly Fishing Blogs of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
To keep up with a some of regional fly fishing I turn to few favorite blogs. I have been looking for a few more new blogs and recently received some help from the forum. The number that have turned up will keep me busy for the rest of the summer.

troutrageous.jpg
I have added to the list a few of my favorites as well. Lately I have taken time to follow Troutrageous. Michael over at Troutrageous is out of Limerick, Pennsylvania and takes time share some real good posts on fly fishing gear reviews, Tenkara and best bets for 100 degree days. I smell a beer post!

Another prolific blogger is The Jersey Angler. You will find a lot of fun posts and photography on some of the fly fishing happenings over in Jersey, but can keep up with trips out west as well. Also out of Jersey is the blog Fly & Fin. Seems like both these guys are having fun this week out in Yellowstone while we are sweating out in the heat.

One not to be overlooked is the blog Mr. Brownliner for fans in Pittsburgh with his musings on fly fishing for carp, trout, bass and drum.

What I like best is the diversity of thought from all these local bloggers. It is not just about their fly fishing adventures, but also includes life's little journeys too! Here is a some fly fishing blogs in the region. Feel free to add to the comments on others that I should know about.

Troutrageous
Casting Around
Dubthethorax
My Life on the Fly
Eastern fly angler
Lvlimestoner
This river is wild fly fishing
The Jersey Angler
Fly & Fin
Adventures in Brown Lining
The Slippery Trout
Twin Tiers Anglers
Wade Rivers Wild Tramps
Grobe Anglers and Adventures
Proven Patterns
Up'North Maine Fly Castings
Hatches Mag

Pittflyguy
Thanks for the shout out... great list of blogs! I love seeing how cool our local fly fishing community is!

Last edited:
Pittflyguy
Thanks for the shout out... great list of blogs! I love seeing how cool our local fly fishing community is!

Last edited:
Pittflyguy

Last edited:
D
Dave -

I would have figured that you really have your hands full with this site. So, I'm kinda surprised to see that you still find the time to browse these others. Guess you are a real computer geek indeed!

Last edited:
D
Dave -

I would have figured that you really have your hands full with this site. So, I'm kinda surprised to see that you still find the time to browse these others. Guess you are a real computer geek indeed!

Last edited:
D
Dave -

Last edited:
R
Thanks for the classy list and a short explanation to it. Regularly enough reviewing flyonlyzone. I see that it is also mentioned in your list. Thanks again

classifieds

Last edited:
R
Thanks for the classy list and a short explanation to it. Regularly enough reviewing flyonlyzone. I see that it is also mentioned in your list. Thanks again

classifieds

Last edited:
R

classifieds

Last edited:
just_jon
I freely admit to being a dry fly snob who would stand by smoking a cigar and sipping of bourbon from my flask waiting for the hatch to begin. One of my fishing new years resolutions was to become a better nymph fisherman. I credit this book as well as Aaron Jasper's videos as the basis for the success I've enjoyed this year. Fish caught nymphing outnumber those caught on dries 10-1 thus far. In fact, last week, I continued nymphing right on through a great sulphur hatch and outfished by friend who fished dries only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back