Staying Warm and Environmentally Responsible

TightLinesHigh5s

TightLinesHigh5s

Tomorrow is the official first day of spring, and I’m proud to say that I fished my butt off this winter. I went into the new year driven to get on the water as much as possible.

Winter isn't necessarily the easiest, most time-efficient, or comfortable season to fish. As a father and husband with a career that I have a passion for, it would be easy to feel too busy to go through the paces of preparing for winter fishing. But I was determined, and as I prepared for cold days on the water, I realized that a busy hunting season had depleted our hand warmer stock.

4EB791EF F8B9 41A1 BC2D 2D9C660C7EE1

Always on a mission to reduce my environmental impact, I decided to look into an option that would keep me on the water longer without contributing to the massive amount of waste headed for the landfill. I quickly found Ignik, who markets their product as 98% biodegradable. Ignik hand warmers pack a 10-hour lifespan that can be extended to 72 hours using the resealable pouches that the product ships in.

897C630D 19A2 4097 9BE7 E28B8FFFE41D

I've been on the water 27 times on 13 different creeks so far in 2022, and I've had to get creative to make that happen. Many a morning has been spent sitting in a predawn parking lot starring at a single-digit on the dashboard thermometer, wondering what in the world I'm doing. The promise of a pair of reliable hand warmers waiting in my chest pocket between casts was a nice consolation.

27C26D6D D2F8 4222 9834 715DFB733D7E

During my outings, I've found Ignik hand warmers to offer more heat and last longer than any I've tried in the past. All of the plastic, including the individual bags and larger bag that the warmers arrive in, are resealable. They take marker well and make perfect bags for dubbing blends and other tying materials.

8AF881FE B3F6 4F63 9DCF 429592F81C15

It's pretty scary to think about all of the chemicals I've sat out at the curb through the years using standard hand warmers. It's rewarding to have found a solution that will keep me on the water longer and reduce my impact!

Tight lines!

Thanks for the info. I am constantly touching cold and wet metal at work and can't wear gloves.

Back