Spring creek

L

Lochnessmnster

How has spring creek been fishing with these past warmer days? Thinking of heading up there tomorrow to fish the lower section. Any input would be much appreciated

It’s been fishing fine. Flows are good. Eggs, tag nymphs sow/scuds small streamers. Today will be a beautiful day to be on the water….enjoy

I'm heading up to Spring Creek Late April - I have a rental place right across the street from access to the FF section, I'm wondering if there are any kid-friendly areas to spinner fish parts of Spring Creek or some stocked ponds or anywhere to get a young one on some fish while we are there.

Spring creek is catch and release, all tackle everywhere except the FF only area. Tallyrand park in bellefonte is closed to all fishing.

No still water for trout come to mind within 30 min drive of paradise.

Bald eagle sp is 20-25 min drive from the paradise. Coyler lake is 25-30.

Closest trout lake/pond might be whippel damn sp.

Good luck!

The bald eagle from milesburg up stream to port Matilda is well stocked and access is fairly good all along route 150. There is also a section of catch and release….a mile long….on the bald eagle that’s all tackle including bait. There is a nature park there. Consult the trout stocking list for coordinates. The seven mountains Boy Scout pond is stocked along with Poe valley lake and colyer and whipple dam for still water. Cold stream dam in phillipsburg is roughly an hour away as well. I’d recommend the bald eagle for proximity and ease of access to your location.

If you click on link above….select centre county you will see the various sections of bald eagle that are stocked including the special regs section.

The bald eagle from milesburg up stream to port Matilda is well stocked and access is fairly good all along route 150. There is also a section of catch and release….a mile long….on the bald eagle that’s all tackle including bait. There is a nature park there. Consult the trout stocking list for coordinates. The seven mountains Boy Scout pond is stocked along with Poe valley lake and colyer and whipple dam for still water. Cold stream dam in phillipsburg is roughly an hour away as well. I’d recommend the bald eagle for proximity and ease of access to your location.
Thank you!

I believe the 7 Mtns pond is drained for dam repair and will not be stocked this year.

Back