Southern Delaware back bay

C

chadm

Got about 2 hours to fish in back bays in Delaware. Planning on throwing a chartreuse and white clousure on an 8wt with intermediate line. Any advice?

My grandmother had a house off the bay in Fenwick. We’d bait fish the back bays as kids in the Summer. Croaker and Spot were the main catches. Not sure they’d take a streamer?

An occasional juvenile Blue would turn up and every once in a while a Flounder.

Last edited:
My grandmother had a house off the bay in Fenwick. We’d bait fish the back bays as kids in the Summer. Croaker and Spot were the main catches. Not sure they’d take a streamer?

An occasional juvenile Blue would turn up and every once in a while a Flounder.
Was hoping for some small striped or blues but we will see.

Target structure for stripers and flounders/fluke, and the surf for croakers. I've caught all the above on a chartreuse and white clouser in the lower DE bays. It's not an easy fishery on foot.

Target structure for stripers and flounders/fluke, and the surf for croakers. I've caught all the above on a chartreuse and white clouser in the lower DE bays. It's not an easy fishery on foot.
Stinky beach in ocmd is a good place on foot for small stripers. It’s not too far a drive from DE. You could also try the beach on either side of the jetties at Indian river inlet or there is a lot of shoreline to wade at state henlopen. Good luck, chartreuse and white clouser will catch anything that swims around those spots!

Back