[SOLVED] Lost Simms Wading Staff - Penns Creek - 4/20

The problem with collapsible staffs is that they.... collapse....

They will only collapse when you really need it - when you actually slip and you put your whole body weight on it to catch yourself.

Folstaff and Simms both sell a lot of wading staffs and it isn't just because of their name recognition. It is because a lot of people go cheap and they fail and then they just get a good one.

The cheap collapsible staff will fail and when it does you will probably be unhappy and cold.

I don't use a wading staff that often in Pennsylvania but there are a few locations I do use it because even being a proficient wader you need it.

I am like Fred Astare on the streambed, but many a good dance routine was accomplished with a stick of some kind:

I believe I would marry a belly dancer.

I thought you WERE a belly dancer! :pint:

mtflyfisher wrote;

By the way, if you ever come to Montana, I’ll take you fishing in my drift boat and you won’t need a wading staff.

Hi John,

I lost my Brodin net and am arriving in MT on June 28, will you take me in your drift boat so I don't need my net? Just kidding. Actually because I now have a mobility issue I did rent a drift boat for at least five of my ten days. I'm very glad I did book the boat because it is going to be a very high water season all over the Montana and many prime rivers are running at 2X the normal flow now.

Yeah - I seem to recall Jack belly dancing with Rudy at Hemlock Acres!

Wbranch -

Just as luck would have it, I have a Brodin net in my boat!

I expect it will be near the end of July until we are able to get on the Yellowstone, where I am located. Until then, I’m looking forward to fishing some lakes.

John

OP - I think I found your staff. PM sent buddy.

dryflyguy wrote:
Yeah - I seem to recall Jack belly dancing with Rudy at Hemlock Acres!

It was a table dance.

raftman wrote:
OP - I think I found your staff. PM sent buddy.

Raftman, you are awesome. Thanks! Email sent. And I thought that my post had simply been hopelessly hijacked by belly dancers for eternity.

Back