Senior license found:

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

I was fishing Stony Creek (Carbon) yesterday and found a Pa Senior Lifetime License, actually in the stream. I initially thought it was another piece of trash that I'd been picking up. The head water woody debris jams are notorious for holding trash up there. I even pulled a tire from the stream!

Don't know if John "S" from Mapleglen, Pa is a member here, but I mailed it back to him, along with my email, so perhaps we can converse a bit.

FWIW: Saw my first rattler hiking out (power line) from Stony, and I've fished it about 30 times!

I thought it somewhat strange, but I didn't even get a thank you for making the effort and taking the time to mail his license back to him. I just hope he's not ill.

A guy from Ohio found my wild trout waters license, not my regular license, and mailed it back to me.

I did send him a TY card. I hope your guy sends you a TY, wt2.

Funny, I get my mail today and there's a small package with it. Turns out, it's a short letter of thanks with some flies from the fellow who's license I found and sent back to him in July of last year.
He said his wife got it mixed in with tax papers some how. He wished me good luck with the flies he tied. Still some good folks out there.

Awesome!

It's ironic, I found this fellow's Lifetime Senior License, and a couple years later I find myself buying that same license.

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 17
Interesting how that happens!!!!!

Nice, he followed through. Good for you.

Last year, I was fishing around State college for couple days and found a guys license. It was like 30 year old- a little old to be a student.

Funny thing was he just bought it like 2 days before I found it and I mailed it back to him ( state college address) I was surprised when the letter was returned 2 weeks later.

Probably a college kid that moved but I thought he just got it 2 days earlier.

I lost a hunting license once. The plastic holder got brittle in the cold and broke apart.
I was hunting out of my grandmothers house.
When I got back to her house at the end of the day she gave me the license.
Fellow who found it checked the same names in the phone book and then delivered it.
It was deer season. My grandmother gave him a package of her xmas cookies as a reward.
That was 50 years ago.

It's ironic, I found this fellow's Lifetime Senior License, and a couple years later I find myself buying that same license.
Consider yourself lucky you got the opportunity...

Which bring up a question and some speculation:

There is a Senior Resident Lifetime License and even a Senior Lifetime Lake Erie Permit but ONLY a 10 Year Senior Lifetime Trout Permit.

Does that imply that seniors who trout fish have a life expectancy of only 10 years and Lake Erie & non-trout anglers live longer...? ;)

Well, I bought the Senior Lifetime License, and only the five year Trout Stamp. At almost 65 years old, any fishing I'm able to do past age 70 will be a bonus. ;)

Back