Red breasted sunfish

I don't know how it is holding up these days. but the Lower Conodoguinnet in Enola just upstream from mouth of Susky used to be good. Same goes for Sherman's Creek in Shermansdale. Hope this helps
Conodo gets lots of pressure these days from overfishing and a multitude of herons-egrets, cormorants, and Eagles. RBSF are nowhere near as plentiful as they were even ten years ago. They are around - but you’ve gotta hit the stream less travelled. BTW - the heron-egret population near the good hope launch is WAY less than this time last year - the birds follow the food supply - a good indicator of the availability of fish

Right now the redbreast are in spawning mode. They are tucked into protected waters and slack water areas. They are one of my favorite gamefish, actually. I just use woolly buggers, poppers, etc.. occasionally I'll down size with nymphs or dry flies.

Right now the redbreast are in spawning mode. They are tucked into protected waters and slack water areas. They are one of my favorite gamefish, actually. I just use woolly buggers, poppers, etc.. occasionally I'll down size with nymphs or dry flies.
I’m going on vacation then a rough stretch at work. They usually done spawning by early july?

right below green lane dam is loaded with them, cast a popper into some slack pools and you can pull out so many, all of the wet flies got swallowed so I had to upsize.

I catch them when I fish the Wissahickon in NW Philly. Definitely fun on the fly rod.
SFINH2

Wissahickon Redbreast

It's a decent place to fish when you add in the Pumpkinseed, Bluegills, Green Sunfish, Smallmouth and Largemouth and Rock Bass.

I catch them when I fish the Wissahickon in NW Philly. Definitely fun on the fly rod.
View attachment 1641226068
View attachment 1641226069
It's a decent place to fish when you add in the Pumpkinseed, Bluegills, Green Sunfish, Smallmouth and Largemouth and Rock Bass.
I fished that stream when i was doing training in philly, its a much needed greenway and break from the city.

We used to get good sized ones in the Schuylkill River but that was 30 plus years ago. There is a good population in the Perkiomen Creek and they should be spawning right now. I caught many on July 4th a few years ago.

The RBS game is full-on now in SCPA streams. Got this guy yesterday - note the especially colorful dorsal spines.

They like to spawn on the downstream side of bridge pilings. If you're scouting for sunnies, look off the bridge at the pilings and you will often see the biggest fish in the pool sitting on a large redd in the sandy gravel right next to the piling.

Attachments

• Fg4.JPG
    Fg4.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 21
  • hw0.JPG
    hw0.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 20
The RBS game is full-on now in SCPA streams. Got this guy yesterday - note the especially colorful dorsal spines.

They like to spawn on the downstream side of bridge pilings. If you're scouting for sunnies, look off the bridge at the pilings and you will often see the biggest fish in the pool sitting on a large redd in the sandy gravel right next to the piling.
Beautiful fish!

Tying my size 10 panfish wets as we speak

Caught a few yesterday afternoon.
5C3F74DE 767A 4EA1 86C1 60BD49DDF585

They were in numbers today in my local creek. Gorgeous fish and pull surprisingly hard. Swinging wets for pan fish on a 3wt slow action rod is some of the most enjoyable fly fishing around.
223014C7 5A07 4AD5 9567 4040342682C9

Back