Paflyfish Spring Jamboree 2023 (Save the Date)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fyi, they upped pricing significantly today, like a 40% increase, and also indicated verbally the increase is part 2023 pricing update and part because that weekend is filling up and they do demand based pricing.

So you're creating demand that weekend, we'll jack the prices 40%. But hey give ya a 10% discount because we appreciate your group bringing so many customers.

Booked site 64 for Friday through Sunday. Can't wait to meet you guys in real life.

Does anyone tent camp? Is there a decent shower house there?

I did last year. It was fine, andshower facilities were clean. Would do it again. Kinda early and I'm up in the air right now if I will attend, but will decide as time gets closer. Will most likely tent because I can't make early commitment.

If some one wants to partner on a cabin. That too is an option.

I used to tent camp there.

It's fine as long as the weather is good. Facilities are fine. The tent area has shrunk over the years, they keep putting in more cabins. Where it's at is down on a grassy flat near the drainage ditch. Technically a wetlands and they don't put cabins on it because they can't. As long as its fairly dry, it's a nice place to pitch a tent. But when they get a significant rain, it gets real soft and soggy down there. One year it really let loose and the tent area was under 6" of water. That's the only reason I started getting cabins, but they're really going way up in price anymore, considering gambling on weather again.

The other option is to get an RV site to tent. Higher and drier.

Yeah. I prefer to tent too, but the tent area proper at Seven Mountains is a bit of a gamble. It’s at the lowest point on the property and is essentially the bottom of a half square mile or so headwater drainage for one of the tiny tributaries to Laurel Creek. Under normal conditions there’s no surface flow in the “ditch” at the bottom, but one year we got 2 or 3” of rain overnight and it turned into a full on flowing stream by morning, with water spilling over into the grassy area where folks set up their tents. Water was lapping at the door of my tent, and IIRC pcray’s was essentially surrounded and floating, but still staked down. I remember doing my dishes in the “stream” all weekend that year.

Short version…I’d probably pop for an RV site and just drop a tent on that at this point anymore. They’re higher on the property and on nice graded pads. No water issues. Bath house is nice, and clean.

My plans are iffy this year. Baby due in mid-Feb, and I got the green light from my wife to go ahead and book a shortened version of my usual Spring fishing trip with my college buddies the first week of June. Not sure I’ll have a ton of fishing points left in the bank to cash in for the Jam, but I’m not ruling it out either. But, if it happens, it likely won’t be more than an up early Sat morning, stay Sat night, home Sunday type of deal.

Last edited:
Yes I woke up to my air mattress turning into a floating raft inside the tent and Swattie's fly drifting by the door, lol.

Even short of flood like conditions, tent spaces are an afterthought for 7 mountains campground. It's real soft down there and if its full, you're stuffed together pretty tight. Agree on RV site to tent in. Just tell them thats what you plan to do so please pick a site with some grass. Can even request to be up by the pavilion, nearer the group. Then can have cooler handy for the gathering at night. Assuming you're cool being near an area that people will be pretty loud pretty late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back