Ohio River tributaries

KrsnaM

KrsnaM

All of these little bodies of water, any of them worth checking out? Around Bellevue/Avalon area.
Screen Shot 2024 04 02 at 81649 AM

If I lived near that Toms Run Nature Reserve, I would definitely go there for a hike.

I wouldn't expect to find trout there, but who cares? It looks like a nice place.

The Western Pennsylvania Nature Conservancy bought the land that became Toms Run Nature Reserve.
I've walked it a bit, and it is a nice area.
Very unlikely to have trout though

The Western Pennsylvania Nature Conservancy bought the land that became Toms Run Nature Reserve.
I've walked it a bit, and it is a nice area.
Very unlikely to have trout though
Yeah, I might just check it out anyways

A few years back, the 17 year cicadas were on that area.
And I fished big and little sewickley creeks.
Caught routine stockers in both.
Although surprisingly, I did catch one nice size holdover in little sewickley, that was a good 16 inches

A few years back, the 17 year cicadas were on that area.
And I fished big and little sewickley creeks.
Caught routine stockers in both.
Although surprisingly, I did catch one nice size holdover in little sewickley, that was a good 16 inches
Dope, I might have to check those out... they don't show up on google maps tho?

Look up the trout maps on pafbc and turn on natural reproduction and then look at the blue lines that are close to you. That should help. Also / there are many Stocked Trout Water (STW) in Allegheny county which would be fun to explore. Opening day is Saturday so expect them to be crowded (and still very high or blown out)

Montour Run across the river in Robinson area behind the Costco is a stocked stream. All the trout are probably in the river by now with the rain but they stock again pretty soon.

Look here and search for Allegheny County. https://fbweb.pa.gov/TroutStocking . If you click on the GPS coordinates it will bring up a map to show where they start and stop stocking trout on a particular stream. Montour Run is nice for a well stocked stream. Flaugherty Run is a nice small stream not too far from Montour.

Penns Woods West is your local Chapter of Trout Unlimited.

Back