North America's Top 10 Trout-Fishing Towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Forbes just announced its admittedly subjective view of the best trout towns in North America. West Yellowstone, Montana seemed to be the first pick with obvious references to the filming of A River Runs Through It. Followed up with Missoula, Montana, home to the author of A River Runs Through It. Towns like Roscoe, NY, Grayling, Michigan, Glenwood Springs, Colorado, Redding, Calif. Mountain Home, Ark., Asheville, N.C. all made the top ten towns.

Calgary, Alberta was selected for Canada and the Bow River, which “…may have the biggest stream bred rainbow trout in the world.”

Pennsylvania was also included in the top ten with State College being selected for the abundant limestone streams like the Little J, Penns Creek and Spring Creek.

Full article: http://bit.ly/z0QhL

ryguyfi
I just tied up about 100 just for steelhead. I probably have about 150-200 dries, and about 150 nymphs, and probably 50-75 streamers/buggers.... so getting close to 500. I think that it is only that way because I tie. For someone not to tie and have that many seems crazy to me. But there are exceptions to the rule.

Ryan

Last edited:
jaybo41
Keep in mind how long you have been fly fishing and tying. The more time you have with it, the greater number of flys you will end up with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back