New Waterproof Cameras for your next Fly Fishing Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
img49b59052a777f.jpg

There are several new waterproof cameras that have been announced and released recently. Digital cameras have been making significant advances and anglers are taking advantage of those new features. Most notably waterproof features that protect cameras and even provide add new functionality over older models.

Canon launched the PowerShot D10, its first waterproof digital compact. It touts to be waterproof up to 30 feet, freeze proof up to -10 degrees, shockproof when dropped from a height of just over three feet. The Canon camera provides a 12.1MegaPixal sensor; 3x optical zoom, 2.5" LCD, Smart Auto Mode, Blink Detection, movies and Face Self-timer. It uses a rechargeable Li-ion battery. Canon claims to have an underwater scene mode that would be fun to try out. The street price is $329.

The Fujifilm Z33WP is design and styled more for the younger set the feature that works for angler is the waterproof capabilities to 10 feet. Fujifilm likes the style and size as its big difference. Fujifilm offers many nice features that include: movies, underwater scenes, 10 Megapixel sensor, and Li-ion battery. The suggested street price is $199.

These cameras offer a lot for the price. Both cameras provide JPEG pictures, but not any RAW format options. Anyone looking for a new waterproof camera should look into these new offerings.

Thanks to Nittspike for the topic.

D
Just wanted to clarify that the Fujfilm FinePix Z33WP digital camera is waterproof up to 10 feet in the water - not 30 feet as stated above - and the blue model is not available in the U.S. Otherwise, this camera would be very useful for flyfishing. There are also optional accessories like a silicone case and floater hand-strap. For more information, go to: www.fujifilmusa.com

Last edited:
D
Just wanted to clarify that the Fujfilm FinePix Z33WP digital camera is waterproof up to 10 feet in the water - not 30 feet as stated above - and the blue model is not available in the U.S. Otherwise, this camera would be very useful for flyfishing. There are also optional accessories like a silicone case and floater hand-strap. For more information, go to: www.fujifilmusa.com

Last edited:
D

Last edited:
DaveKile
Thanks got some bad data on the IP68 compliant standard. You are correct 10 feet.

Last edited:
DaveKile
Thanks got some bad data on the IP68 compliant standard. You are correct 10 feet.

Last edited:
DaveKile

Last edited:
S
Also, the Pentax W60 (I believe) is a good waterproof camera. It has been reviewed by several people on different sites. It got a much better rating than the Olympus waterproof camera.

I'm getting the Pentax myself. I had an Optio that I liked very much UNTIL... I dropped it into Slab Cabin Run. :-o

Price depends on where you find it. It can be had for around $240 or so.

Last edited:
S
Also, the Pentax W60 (I believe) is a good waterproof camera. It has been reviewed by several people on different sites. It got a much better rating than the Olympus waterproof camera.

I'm getting the Pentax myself. I had an Optio that I liked very much UNTIL... I dropped it into Slab Cabin Run. :-o

Last edited:
S

Last edited:
D
I have one of those clear dual zip lock waterproof camera bags. Its really just a more secure zip lock - cheaper than a new camera, but not nearly as convenient. Me likee

Last edited:
D
I have one of those clear dual zip lock waterproof camera bags. Its really just a more secure zip lock - cheaper than a new camera, but not nearly as convenient. Me likee

Last edited:
D

Last edited:
J
Well, I know who has his hands in that property. Donny Beaver.

the_spring_ridge_clubs_pa_map.jpg

Look at the map the his big yellow dot on Columbia County is right where the DH-ALO section is. Hmmmm.... Barry and Cathy Beck live on St. Gabriel's Road just outside of Benton. I know they where mixed into DonnyBeav's SRC. I bet they had something to do with it too! :-x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back