My Two Favored Fishing Prints

GeneBeam

GeneBeam

North Cornwall Township, Lebanon County, PA
Two new prints that I just got framed, I’ve had the Sting Of The Hook for about 4 years but just got it framed about 6 months ago and The Last Drake I just got from a forum member.

Sting Of The Hook   2006 PA Trout Stamp Print 50

Sting Of The Hook - 2006 PA Trout Stamp Print

The Last Drake   1985 Pennsylvania Conservation Stamp Print 50

The Last Drake - 1985 Pennsylvania Conservation Stamp Print

Who is the artist?

Ned Smith did the Last Drake.
And I'd guess he did the other one too

Last edited:
Ned Smith did the Last Drake.
Not sure about the other one
They are both by Ned Smith, The Sting of The Hook was done in 1981 and submitted for the 2006 PA Trout Stamp. The Last Drake was done in 1984, information from book "The Wildlife Art of Ned Smith"

Last edited:
Two nice prints! I particularly like "The Last Drake." Smith really was a wonderful outdoor artist.

Back in the early 80's I saw a Ned Smith display of originals in the North Museum at Franklin & Marshall. They also had a display of how prints were made form the originals. I started collecting them and still have many including The Last Drake and Waiting For Dusk. He was an amazing self-taught artist. If you like prints of gamefish look at Mark Susinno's work. Plunge Pool - Brook Trout is one of my favorites.
Mark susinno signed and numbered limited edition print plunge pool revisited brook trout 20

Back in the early 80's I saw a Ned Smith display of originals in the North Museum at Franklin & Marshall. They also had a display of how prints were made form the originals. I started collecting them and still have many including The Last Drake and Waiting For Dusk. He was an amazing self-taught artist. If you like prints of gamefish look at Mark Susinno's work. Plunge Pool - Brook Trout is one of my favorites.
View attachment 1641227379
Awesome print!

Two new prints that I just got framed, I’ve had the Sting Of The Hook for about 4 years but just got it framed about 6 months ago and The Last Drake I just got from a forum member.

View attachment 1641227374

Sting Of The Hook - 2006 PA Trout Stamp Print

View attachment 1641227375
The Last Drake - 1985 Pennsylvania Conservation Stamp Print

Gene -

Very nice! It makes me want to get out and catch one that it as beautiful as the trout on those prints.

John

Last edited:
View attachment 1641227379

I really like that one.

Here is another of Susino’s Brook Trout prints. It was published in 1990 in Ennis, MT, and was used as PA’s Trout/Salmon Stamp in 1991. I liked it so much I have 2 of them framed and hanging in my house.

069A9CDE 4B9B 4F3C A03A 8EA044CF4E55

Back