Mo money mo problems

Oh great! Can’t wait to see how they spend this to ruin more waterways that would be best managed by leaving them alone

😂in what dream world😂
"Like most managers these days"

Probably fuel, maintenance, decent wages, like most managers these days.
Exactly. Also, retirement costs. Being a state agency, they have to follow state retirement guidelines, but recieve no funds from the general fund for said retirements. They are funded solely by license revenue, and when you think about all they have to deal with, is amazing they exist at all.
Yet, people will bitch and moan about having to pay a few dollars more for their god given right to catch their god given trout on opening day.

A meager $2.50 increase is a drop in the bucket, considering the cost of just about everything else has gone up. None of us want to see a price increase, but the cost of a fishing license is still a tremendous bargain when you think about it.

I'm good until I'm eligible for my lifetime license in 2025. I think I'll be able to cover the extra $ 10.00 then. ;)

I've been buying a license since 1976, I think it was $ 15.00 then. It's only doubled since then, even with the trout stamp. Its a bargain compared to say, a movie ticket which was $ 2.00 and now is $ 10.00.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Struggling to afford stocked invasive species production while ignoring access disappearing. the elbows get closer together, species harmed by stocked invasive trout decline, and fishing for manufactured 3rd place trophies continues.

I'm good until I'm eligible for my lifetime license in 2025. I think I'll be able to cover the extra $ 10.00 then. ;)

I've been buying a license since 1976, I think it was $ 15.00 then. It's only doubled since then, even with the trout stamp. Its a bargain compared to say, a movie ticket which was $ 2.00 and now is $ 10.00.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
Or compared to the cost of a house, or price of gasoline, or just about anything else.

The biggest financial mistake the PFBC made was the senior license.

I have no issues paying more.

For the enjoyment fishing brings me and compared to other hobbies I indulge in, I'd gladly pay double for the privilege of fishing in Pennsylvania.

I also don't lose sleep at night regarding stocking, especially if I stop and think that it AIN'T always trout the PFBC is stocking and it AIN'T always about some elitist trout fisherman with a fly rod...

What else can you do 365 days a year if you wanted to for $40? Go to a sporting event ..... $200 or more for 3 hours, dinner out somewhere ... $100 or more for a couple hours, movies .... $40 or more for 3 hours, etc.

What else can you do 365 days a year if you wanted to for $40? Go to a sporting event ..... $200 or more for 3 hours, dinner out somewhere ... $100 or more for a couple hours, movies .... $40 or more for 3 hours, etc.
This.

Price is right for all that is offered in this great state. Don’t forget boat launches, outreach programs, etc. the PFBC ain’t perfect but nobody is (and I agree with all the stop stocking over wild/native populations and prefer more restrictive creel limits but still, on the whole it affords all of us lots of opportunities) and they have had a cash strapped budget for years because they were not allowed to control their license prices. Cost Arway his job but I believe he set the path on the right course.

Or compared to the cost of a house, or price of gasoline, or just about anything else.

The biggest financial mistake the PFBC made was the senior license.
Let them raise the cost to whatever they deem necessary, I'm okay with it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2369.JPEG
    IMG_2369.JPEG
    153 KB · Views: 23
I have no issues paying more.

For the enjoyment fishing brings me and compared to other hobbies I indulge in, I'd gladly pay double for the privilege of fishing in Pennsylvania.

I also don't lose sleep at night regarding stocking, especially if I stop and think that it AIN'T always trout the PFBC is stocking and it AIN'T always about some elitist trout fisherman with a fly rod...
I don’t care about the price id pay exponents of the current fee a year for a fishing license. And its not about “elitist fly fishermen” its about preventing the disappearance of native brook trout, native hellbenders, native darters and other species where serious documented harms or likely serious harms that have gone investigated or ignored exist. They -are responsible for more than just your fishing. Framing a derelict resource manager as “ok” because they irresponsibly stock the stream and your ok with it is sad.

I don’t care about the price id pay exponents of the current fee a year for a fishing license. And its not about “elitist fly fishermen” its about preventing the disappearance of native brook trout, native hellbenders, native darters and other species where serious documented harms or likely serious harms that have gone investigated or ignored exist. They -are responsible for more than just your fishing. Framing a derelict resource manager as “ok” because they irresponsibly stock the stream and your ok with it is sad.
Hey.... nothing changes quickly when dealing with the government or a bureaucracy. Progress has occurred in recent years. If the prior 100 years of fish stocking, deforestation, and other onslaughts have not wiped out brook trout and hellbenders then they should be able to hang on as the slow wheels of progress begin to move.

Maybe not ideal in your eyes, but accurate I feel.

Hey.... nothing changes quickly when dealing with the government or a bureaucracy. Progress has occurred in recent years. If the prior 100 years of fish stocking, deforestation, and other onslaughts have not wiped out brook trout and hellbenders then they should be able to hang on as the slow wheels of progress begin to move.

Maybe not ideal in your eyes, but accurate I feel.
Things do take time, if be happy if PA could keep up with surrounding states at a bare bones Minimum. That means a Stocking auth, brook trout specific regs/management areas, and some level of stocking reform that accounts for brook trout life history not just extreme trickles and PA fish and boat not ignoring Dr. Peter Petokas’s letters asking them to stop stocking over singular populations of hellbenders in potter county.

Back