Millport Conservatory/Lititz Creek

Rainier42

Rainier42

Over the past few weeks I've FFed the Millport Conservatory section of the Lititz 3 times. Is a beautiful creek with good trails along both sides of its banks. However, I won't be going back. Each time I've been there I've run into a groundskeeper moving up/down the creek feeding the trout fish pellets, which totally ruined any attempt at FFing. Is unfortunate since the creek is a very healthy spring creek with lots of bug activity.

I had a similiar experience. I fished there and caught a few huge trout. I thought it a bit unusual for such a small stream. Ran into some guys who told me that they fed the trout. Haven't been back since.

PELLET FLY
😁

I had a similiar experience. I fished there and caught a few huge trout. I thought it a bit unusual for such a small stream. Ran into some guys who told me that they fed the trout. Haven't been back since.
I sent a note to the President of the Donegal Creek TU Chapter about the situation. Am hoping they can influence the Conservatory to stop the practice. With such a healthy ecosystem in the creek, it really isn't necessary to feed the trout there.

Just an update ... have reached out to both Donegal Creek TU and Millport Conservatory regarding the trout feeding practice. Have received replies from both and they will be discussing the situation.

That could explain why the only success I had there last weekend with an egg pattern :rolleyes:

I have seen videos of people catching brookies on Lititz Run. Are there any brookies on the Conservancy section?

I have seen videos of people catching brookies on Lititz Run. Are there any brookies on the Conservancy section?
Could be, I did not see any.

I too learned about it late last summer for the first time. Kind of strange I
never heard of it before living only 20 minutes away. I too was surprised at the monsters that inhabit that nice creek. I was also unaware of the pellet feeding. I know of a young fellow who has caught some monster rainbows in it. Nice for me with my walking disability to have manicured paths on both sides. Does anyone know if the water below the concrete road bridge just below Millport is open to public fishing?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1645571316787.jpg
    FB_IMG_1645571316787.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 67
I too learned about it late last summer for the first time. Kind of strange I
never heard of it before living only 20 minutes away. I too was surprised at the monsters that inhabit that nice creek. I was also unaware of the pellet feeding. I know of a young fellow who has caught some monster rainbows in it. Nice for me with my walking disability to have manicured paths on both sides. Does anyone know if the water below the concrete road bridge just below Millport is open to public fishing?

Not sure however, I haven't seen any signs posted and it appears the fences that are up are away from the creek allowing one to walk.

Not sure however, I haven't seen any signs posted and it appears the fences that are up are away from the creek allowing one to walk.
Worst thing that could happen is to be told I am trespassing and be asked to leave. Or get shot.

Wbranch yes open to the public. Fly fishing only. Only one parking spot along creek road

Back