Lost Fly Rod on Lower Juniata

G

gfox93

Hello, All. New to the forum, was directed here by a fellow at my local Orvis shop in Plymouth Meeting, PA.

Tragedy struck over the weekend when I lost my rod to the lower Juniata River! Rod Setup:

-Rod: 7 weight Orvis Recon 9 foot
-Reel: Silver Ross Evolution III
-Line: Banana Yellow wf floating w/ Clouser tied on

Fish Story below:

Fishing with my buddy (a spin fisherman) on the last five miles of the Juniata. Had a great day full of 30+ small bass until said tragedy. Incident occurred at the old bridge pilings slightly upstream from the route 15 crossing. My buddy hooked a larger bass on a treble-hook laden lure. Said bass proceeded to swim right into my flip-flop'ed feet, hooking my toes and leg. I dropped my rod without hesitation for fear the bass would shake the barbs into my flesh. After 10-15 seconds I removed the bass and realized the fatal mistake I had committed. Waded around for my gear for 20 minutes but to no avail. Heartbroken, as I've had the setup for less than one year.

Please see some of the attached pics of myself with the rod and my best catch with it and the location from google maps. If anyone finds this beautiful setup in future, please contact myself directly!

Attachments

• MyRod.jpg
    MyRod.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 3
  • LocationLarge.jpg
    LocationLarge.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
  • LocationZoom1.JPG
    LocationZoom1.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
Hope your rod finds its way back to its home

You may have a fighting chance of finding it if the water levels drop like last year. Good luck, and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I was tempted to grab some swim goggles and head back out after we finished up, but a thunderstorm ripped through right behind us and shot the plans down! Had to head back out of town right after

Hope you find your rod man that looks like a awesome fishing spot that top pic.

Go back with a magnet fly and start fishing for it

Not sure of your situation or deductible, but a possible homeowners claim?

Something I am looking into for sure

Back