little juniata 'road spring'

S

Sylvaneous

Bill ANderson's presentation on the Little J. showed and mentioned the 'road spring'. Whereabouts is this? Where in relation to the upper limestone quarry & sewer plant?
I like geology in general and springs specifically (for obvious reasons, among others) and would like to see it. I couldn't identify where it was from his presentation.
Syl

Driving down stream from Tyrone - after passing the treatment plant and upper quarry, you'll come to a straight stretch of road, passing two bridges - called silver barn and irish flat.
Then past the Grier school on left, you'll go up a small hill where the river bends away from the road.
Coming back down the hill, the river bends back along the road into a nice flat pool.
The road springs feed into a narrow riffle at the bottom of that pool, before the river bends away from the road again, and you go up another hill.

There are actually about 10 springs that feed into the river between Tyrone and Spruce Creek

Last edited:
Driving down stream from Tyrone - after passing the treatment plant and upper quarry, you'll come to a straight stretch of road, passing two bridges - called silver barn and irish flat.
Then past the Grier school on left, you'll go up a small hill where the river bends away from the road.
Coming back down the hill, the river bends back along the road into a nice flat pool.
The road springs feed into a narrow riffle at the bottom of that pool, before the river bends away from the road again, and you go up another hill.

There are actually about 10 springs that feed into the river between Tyrone and Spruce Creek
Ok I know I where that is. It's much further down than what I thought.

wait until the low water in the summer/fall. During the high water in the spring its hard to find.
On a warm night/morning it easy to find

Back