Like button

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't like the post......I move on.

Don't need no stinkin like button.

:-x
:)

Seems "like" a waste of time to me..........

While I'll let the site owner comment on tech adaptations... I'm neutral on whether we should or shouldn't have such a capability.

PAFF is indeed old and has been online since 1995, making this site older than many if not most internet brands, certainly with regard to social media.

The site has been re-vamped and updated a couple times with the big one in 2006 (which is why there is no content visible from prior to that time). Updates risk content loss.

I think we can agree that it is the community of people and quality of content that make PAFF successful. I have heard from many of you - some of this offline - that the site is a nice escape from and alternative to more "modern" forms of social media and internet participation.

It was interesting to hear all the responses. Made me rethink why I’m on this site instead of so many other sites. Nice to be on a site where no one like to be LIKED. :-D

While I'll let the site owner comment on tech adaptations... I'm neutral on whether we should or shouldn't have such a capability.

PAFF is indeed old and has been online since 1995, making this site older than many if not most internet brands, certainly with regard to social media.

The site has been re-vamped and updated a couple times with the big one in 2006 (which is why there is no content visible from prior to that time). Updates risk content loss.

I think we can agree that it is the community of people and quality of content that make PAFF successful. I have heard from many of you - some of this offline - that the site is a nice escape from and alternative to more "modern" forms of social media and internet participation.

This is said very well.
I've been on this site since about 1998. I remember it switching to this platform.
The quality of content here is astounding. I promise you that if you use the search function for any questions you have, you are likely to find a multitude of answers. Sometimes that is good and sometimes it creates more questions. Users usually ask those questions and they are answered anyways by other users. In all honestly with the threads and links in them provided you dont really need another resource. That is pretty amazing for a local fly fishing forum.

We are very lucky!
I challenge anyone to find one better.

Tears, sweat, laughter or anger, good and bad this place has made me 10 times the fly-fisherman. As a self taught fly fisherman, this site in invaluable. We dont need a like button IMO but if you install one, so be it.
Not much to not like around these parts.

Im sure its been a wild ride for the mods and dkile. I hope it has been worth it. I hope you realize the resoures you provide are unparalleled in Pennsylvania Fly Fishing.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:

This is said very well.
I've been on this site since about 1998. I remember it switching to this platform.
The quality of content here is astounding. I promise you that if you use the search function for any questions you have, you are likely to find a multitude of answers. Sometimes that is good and sometimes it creates more questions. Users usually ask those questions and they are answered anyways by other users. In all honestly with the threads and links in them provided you dont really need another resource. That is pretty amazing for a local fly fishing forum.

We are very lucky!
I challenge anyone to find one better.

Tears, sweat, laughter or anger, good and bad this place has made me 10 times the fly-fisherman. As a self taught fly fisherman, this site in invaluable. We dont need a like button IMO but if you install one, so be it.
Not much to not like around these parts.

Im sure its been a wild ride for the mods and dkile. I hope it has been worth it. I hope you realize the resoures you provide are unparalleled in Pennsylvania Fly Fishing.
+1

I agree. GG

I agree. GG

I feel that in many situations a like/dislike button would just make it easier to agree or disagree with something b/c you don't actually have to explain your position. I like this forum the way it is.

I haven't been too active on this forum for a while buy, truth be told, I don't fish hardly at all for a few months. I am fishing a lot again and I love the forum as it is. I don't think that we need a "like button."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back