Laurel Hill Creek gorge section

E

Ed007

Was thinking about taking a walk up the gorge section on Laurel Hill this weekend. Anyone know how it would fish this time of year? Are there any fish in that section. Any info would greatly appreciated.

Ed- did you make it out? How was it? LH is a creek that has a couple long stretches that seemingly are difficult to access or require some long walks.

Haven't gone yet. Still debating on going tomorrow. Can't decide if it will be worth the long hike

It's suddenly got very cold.
My deck thermometer showed 26 the last few mornings - likely even colder down there

LH water temp prolly took a big drop too.
Personally, if I was going to that area now, I would fish the Youghiogheny tailrace.
You'd have a lot better temps and more active fish

Didn't get to go to gorge section today. I showed up to hike in and there were hunters everywhere. Gun shots going off all over. Ended up fishing LHC delayed harvest area right above the lake. Got a few but they were very sluggish. Takes were very soft.

Ed, I hit the stretch above the lake as well - maybe we ran into each other and didn't even know it! Water was in the low 40s when I checked around 2 pm. Netted a couple, but I agree they were light takes with little fight. The ones I caught seemed more deformed than usual- growths all over, nubs for dorsal/pelvic fins, damaged gill covers. Seemed worse than usual for stockies...

Back