Just too easy

Since we've already completely hijacked the original thread, I'll make it worse by tossing out an old photo, just for memory's sake. This was a couple of my older brothers in the foreground, that's Uncle Bud (I refer to him as UB) on the tractor and that's Mammy/Max Baker in the back gathering crayfish or hellgramites. I loved my childhood.

Some of the older guys on the forum who have fished that water will recognize this place, anyone younger than me (I'm 57), probably doesn't know that it ever existed (it was mostly busted up by the flood).
“Rock pile” visible in the background 👍🏼

I finally am getting some bass fishing in this year. Beautiful evening on the Juniata at my family's place. Quite a few boats out for a Monday but the fishing was great.. Caught about 20 in an hour and a half. Feels good to always get back to my roots.View attachment 1641226166View attachment 1641226167
Teach me your ways.

I recently bought river front in the NB Susky but haven’t had much luck. I can’t read the water and know where the fish are like a trout stream. I’ve been wade fishing with clousers and poppers and have been swinging the clousers through 3-6 foot runs.

Teach me your ways.

I recently bought river front in the NB Susky but haven’t had much luck. I can’t read the water and know where the fish are like a trout stream. I’ve been wade fishing with clousers and poppers and have been swinging the clousers through 3-6 foot runs.
Sure thing. Just plan a time she come on down.

Teach me your ways.

Lots to learn on any new waterway, but in the summertime, I'd start by moving up to the heads of the runs and broken water near large rocks. I haven't fished the north branch in forever, but I recall it being a pretty fun place to fish when I last did so (probably 30 or more years ago).

Teach me your ways.

Keep at it. The smallie fishing is often a little tougher in June after the spawn. Keep on casting your poppers, buggers and clousers and fish them in and around rocks and some current. If you Build it and they will come.......

To piggyback off of what Afishinado is saying about timing in my opinion March - April and October - November are the best times of the year to smallie fish for both ease of catching and size. Post spawn bassin' often stinks. Last night I had to work harder for em but I still landed about 12 or so.

Teach me your ways.

I recently bought river front in the NB Susky but haven’t had much luck. I can’t read the water and know where the fish are like a trout stream. I’ve been wade fishing with clousers and poppers and have been swinging the clousers through 3-6 foot run
Teach me your ways.

use smaller streamers and poppers - a common mistake is implying too much movement and noise - especially with poppers, choose your rod based on the size and volume of the river - a 12 inch smallmouth in Susquehanna current will give a six weight a workout. When wading, cover a lot of water. As said by others, structure is key - current seams, rock piles, shelves, runs around weed beds and deep slow runs all hold fish.. keep at it and you’ll have a blast!

Attachments

• 4539FFAB-53CD-47EB-882B-6B260AD0B65D.jpeg
    4539FFAB-53CD-47EB-882B-6B260AD0B65D.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 12
Back