Joe Humphreys "Live the Stream."

B

Billems

I'm late to the viewership of Joe Humphreys doc, "Live the Stream." Here're some comments I made on another site:

He's (Joe Humphreys) is so refreshing, old school, with techniques no one teaches. That brush and night fishing addiction of his impresses me to no end. The dry fly leader formula he got from George Harvey increased my dry fly hook-ups at least 50 percent. His professorship allowed him to avoid being a tackle schiller. In fact, his tackle is rather pedestrian--another virtue in my book (one that I do not live up to). "Live the Stream" opened me up to the man, his personality. On his instructional vids, he comes off sometimes like an old fashioned wrestling coach, which he was. But the documentary showed me a man of good humor, a hot dog eater, a family man who wrestles with the grief of the loss of his wife, and a man of compassion, generous with his students, encouraging, positive. We jazz musicians have a profane, yet apt, sobriquet for a player who's the real thing: Joe's the S&*t!"

Your assessment is spot on, just a salt of the earth kind of guy. Re: the night fishing thing if your deal is to catch the largest the water has to offer the only way to go is nighttime when big ones feed comfortably.

love that documentary. i wish i hadnt seen it so i can watch it again for the first time.

Your assessment is spot on, just a salt of the earth kind of guy. Re: the night fishing thing if your deal is to catch the largest the water has to offer the only way to go is nighttime when big ones feed comfortably.
his DVD the “night game” is quite helpful. As not to go off topic of the thread will put link to else where but George Harvey, Jim Bashline, and Joe Humphrey’s lare responsible for most of the little available night fishing content put out on the subject.

Back