I need a little help on the Juniata

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

I'd like to take my wife kayaking on the Juniata River. Her goal is a boat ride, but I'd like to fish. The problem is that while I know the locations of many launch sites on the river, I really don't know what I will find once I launch.

What I am looking for is a section where I can paddle upstream and drift down to fish without quickly hitting low water and rocks. My wife will be lily-dipping and may have a fishing rod, but I'd like to have at least a couple hundred yards of river to drift before I have to paddle back and do it all over again.

Without asking for secret locations can anyone recommend a spot between Amity Hall and Mifflintown where I might find a decent length of river to fish and drift?

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Tim, the Muskrat Springs boat launch will be perfect for what you want to do. You would have to paddle quite a distance up stream to even hit some riffles. There is an eel weir still present in the river if you go far enough up stream.

Tim, the Muskrat Springs boat launch will be perfect for what you want to do. You would have to paddle quite a distance up stream to even hit some riffles. There is an eel weir still present in the river if you go far enough up stream.
Thanks for the information. I was able to check it out with aerial shots and that definitely looks like a nice big pool to fish. Regards, Tim Murphy :)

Back