Found - Sling Pack on the Tully

wbranch

wbranch

I found a sling pack (or whatever you call those things guys put over their shoulder) on the Tully today at the Papermill. If you can tell me the make and specifically what is in the front zipper compartment I'll figure a way to get it back to you.

I located the owner of the sling pack. Moderator may delete this post.

wbranch wrote:
I located the owner of the sling pack. Moderator may delete this post.

Nice WB! Did they respond to you via a PM about this thread?

Actually not. I first called a fly shop in Nevada where the sling owner bought some tippet and I thought that since he had seven spools of Trouthunter fluorocarbon tippet at $22 per spool they might of remembered him. As it turned out they didn't sell Trouthunter tippet but did sell the Rio nylon that I found in the sling with the tag of the fly shop still on it.

Then I called TCO Reading thinking if the owner fished the Tully often he might live relatively near by and shop at TCO. I was right! As soon as I asked if they sold the Trouthunter fluorocarbon and mentioned there were seven spools of tippet on the sling the TCO guy immediately knew who the owner was. He said "He is one of our best customers". Anyway I gave TCO my phone number and about an hour later the gentleman called me and he is coming over tomorrow to retrieve his sling.

I just wish the guy who found my $100 Brodin Gallatin net on Penns would of returned it to the fly shop in Weikert or the guy who found my Mid level Sage 9' #5 and Lamson Litespeed I left on the WB would of turned it in to a local fly shop.

wbranch wrote:
Actually not. I first called a fly shop in Nevada where the sling owner bought some tippet and I thought that since he had seven spools of Trouthunter fluorocarbon tippet at $22 per spool they might of remembered him. As it turned out they didn't sell Trouthunter tippet but did sell the Rio nylon that I found in the sling with the tag of the fly shop still on it.

Then I called TCO Reading thinking if the owner fished the Tully often he might live relatively near by and shop at TCO. I was right! As soon as I asked if they sold the Trouthunter fluorocarbon and mentioned there were seven spools of tippet on the sling the TCO guy immediately knew who the owner was. He said "He is one of our best customers". Anyway I gave TCO my phone number and about an hour later the gentleman called me and he is coming over tomorrow to retrieve his sling.

I just wish the guy who found my $100 Brodin Gallatin net on Penns would of returned it to the fly shop in Weikert or the guy who found my Mid level Sage 9' #5 and Lamson Litespeed I left on the WB would of turned it in to a local fly shop.

^ :lol:....You're a good samaritan > good karma will come your way!

afishinado wrote;

You're a good samaritan > good karma will come your way!

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Matthew 7:12

That is a bit bizarre. Good job!

Back