Fly-Tying Meet-Up in Berks County on February 4th

Take pix, or it didn't happen - lol. I was thinking of coming, but daughter and fambly from California are coming for a few days.

Take pix, or it didn't happen - lol. I was thinking of coming, but daughter and fambly from California are coming for a few days.
We will be sure to take a few pics. Sorry you can’t make it.

All set for tomorrow. Looking forward it!

4D785481 D404 43AE BB7B C57A5BA54992

It was nice meeting and seeing everyone today. I enjoyed the conversation and camaraderie. Hopefully we can do it again.

Kim, sorry we missed you. I hope all is well.

It was nice meeting and seeing everyone today. I enjoyed the conversation and camaraderie. Hopefully we can do it again.

@zenherper thank you for putting this together. Really nice to catch up with everyone and a good day to be inside. I will post some more pictures tomorrow.

@zenherper thank you very much for organizing the event. It was great to meet you folks and catch up with a few old friends. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.

It was my pleasure!

I think it's more that I missed you guys! I learned a few things: 1) you have no snow on the ground, 2) at every 4 lights, 3 are red!. and 3) where Elm Street is the most common named street in the rest of the country, Rt 222 is around Reading, PA! I figured that I'd be there around 12:45 AM I did NOT find you or the brewery by 4 PM and figured I'd not make it.

I went back and forth on business 222 all the way to it's end 4 times before I found out that I was in Reading. I then went north about 55 miles on Rt 14 (12?) and found a Rt 222 in Lancaster, went back south 35 miles and FINALLY found Shillington Rt. 222 and followed the directions to a couple hoses that were not breweries, went up 2 blocks and turned around in a high school parking lot and went back down to see if I was blind, went through and ended up in a funeral home parking lot. I saw that it was 4 PM and I had an empty gas tank and was feeling a little flustered, so I figured I gave it a legitimist old college try. I AM sorry that I could not connect up with you all.

Kim

I think it's more that I missed you guys! I learned a few things: 1) you have no snow on the ground, 2) at every 4 lights, 3 are red!. and 3) where Elm Street is the most common named street in the rest of the country, Rt 222 is around Reading, PA! I figured that I'd be there around 12:45 AM I did NOT find you or the brewery by 4 PM and figured I'd not make it.

I went back and forth on business 222 all the way to it's end 4 times before I found out that I was in Reading. I then went north about 55 miles on Rt 14 (12?) and found a Rt 222 in Lancaster, went back south 35 miles and FINALLY found Shillington Rt. 222 and followed the directions to a couple hoses that were not breweries, went up 2 blocks and turned around in a high school parking lot and went back down to see if I was blind, went through and ended up in a funeral home parking lot. I saw that it was 4 PM and I had an empty gas tank and was feeling a little flustered, so I figured I gave it a legitimist old college try. I AM sorry that I could not connect up with you all.

Kim
Wow. That is a tough way to spend a Saturday. If you were at the high school, you were about a half mile from Schaylor. I would say at least you got to do some sight seeing, but aside from the Pagoda, there isn’t much to see in Reading. I am glad however to hear that you arrived back home safely.

Wow. That is a tough way to spend a Saturday. If you were at the high school, you were about a half mile from Schaylor. I would say at least you got to do some sight seeing, but aside from the Pagoda, there isn’t much to see in Reading. I am glad however to hear that you arrived back home safely.
Now you tell me! I could've used a beer right about then!! Glad you all had a good time, if you have this next year at the same site I'm sure I'll find it since I already covered about 90% of the territory with this years travels!! 🙃

Kim

Kim
Looks like a good time and some great looking flies were tied. Also my guess is some great tasting beverages were consumed.

Lol.....Hey Kim, GPS is your friend. If your vehicle doesn't have a GPS system you can just open up Google Maps on your phone, click on this icon>
and type in the address of your destination. A map will appear with the route and nice sounding young lady will give you turn-by-turn directions right to your destination. I use GPS to drive just about everywhere. It's hard to remember the days driving around aimlessly without GPS.

Good stuff!

Back