fly ID

Merle

Merle

Would anyone from the board be interested in helping me ID some of the flies that I have accumulated ? Some of the flies are tied from PA local tiers, my local fly shop , and other shops that I have visited. Most of them are tied with different twists than my reference books that I have. Most of them are for fishing PA streams. If anyone would like to help, send me a PM and I will then compose a list of people and send a 3 or 4 photos at a time for ID. Any help would be appreciated. Be forewarned, I have accumulated a lot of flies covering the last 6 years of fishing PA.

Merle

Merle, I don't want to interfere if you'd rather do this privately, but it might be a fun wintertime thread if you could post the pictures into this thread and we can all have a go at it.

If you'd like, you can e-mail me the pics and I'll label the individual flies and then post the pics so when you get answers, there won't be any confusion. Just a thought. Let me know if you want me to help. You still have my e-mail, right?

Here are pictures of Merle's flies he wants identified. They are labeled #1 - #4:

here what I see --

1. sulphur
2. cahill
3. blue wing olive
4. slate drake

Back