Fly Fishing The Little Juniata River with Bill Anderson

The Little Juniata River (The Little J) is regarded by many as one of the top naturally reproducing trout waters in Pennsylvania. It has a remarkable story of how over 15 miles of a cold water fishery has transformed and overcome countless adversities since the 1970s.

Bill Anderson, President of the Little Juniata River Association, has been an instrumental force for river conservation on the Little J since 2004. Bill and the LJRA have been recognized for their conservation success. Enjoy this presentation as he covers the back story that makes this river such a fly fishing success today.

In addition, Bill reviews the hatches, trout studies and locations along The Little J and its tributaries.

greenghost
Fascinating presentation. To anyone who fishes the Lil' J regularly, this is a must-see. Thank you, Dave for hosting this.

GeneBeam
Thank you, Dave, for putting up the recording of this excellent presentation by Bill Anderson, as I didn’t have a change to be on when it was live this was much appreciated. Again thank you very much, Dave, for putting this together.

DaveKile
After almost 40 years of fly fishing and annually fishing the Lil' J , I learned a lot. I particularly enjoyed the studies about trout migration and Bill's CET.

greenghost
After almost 40 years of fly fishing and annually fishing the Lil' J , I learned a lot. I particularly enjoyed the studies about trout migration and Bill's CET.
Yes, exactly... the fact that all trout move around and use the totality of the river was surprising and explains why the consistency of fishing certain spots seems to vary for me year-to-year.

A
This was great! Thank you very much for posting it. Very informative and has me looking ahead to my next trip out that way. Going to try and tie up some CET’s as well. Learned a lot

skybay
Significant information about Little J and stream's tributaries

Penns Woods
Thanks for posting. I'll be fishing there for the first time this Spring.
Video contained lots of useful information.

Back