Fly fishing is Dangerous

Fredrick

Fredrick

Well I was getting ready to float the Big D on Friday when beeper gave me this rapala type fly to try out. So I went to the waters edge to cast the fly to see how the action on the fly was. Well on the third cast a big gust of wind came when I getting ready to start my forward cast and the fly it my right arm . I looked down and this is what I saw :-D

And for some reason it didn't hurt and it was like a 4/0 saltwater hook. Well I called Beeper over to show him and I think that he was in more pain than me . So Beeper got some pliers and and debared the hook . And with a few good tugs it was out . And this is what it looked like

After that I drank some of Beepers beer and went on to float the Big D

THE END :-D

I bet that's sore today!

Pinching down the barb on your hook is a good practice to help protect both the fish and the fisherman.

How did that new Sage bass rod do. We now know it's deadly for catching fishermen - how 'bout the fish?

I Just turned the calendar page and it reads "June" - I'm ready for some bassin'. When are we getting out? I'm ready to try our new rod Fred!

I wish I had the pictures of my incidents. I have a scar from the one hooking I got when I was probably 11 years old.

MKern believe it or not the tetanus shot that I got yesterday hurts more the day after than what my arm felt from being hooked :-D . I also got tested for lyme disease you can never be to carefull with that disease. I know a few people that went untreated with the disease and are having complications from it that are probally perminant :-?

Fredrick wrote:
MKern believe it or not the tetanus shot that I got yesterday hurts more the day after than what my arm felt from being hooked

I believe it...

Back