Constable Sceptre 7’ 2/1 Fiberglass Fly Rod (Built by Hardy)

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

Sceptre fiberglass rods were built on Fisher blanks and produced by Hardy Bros. Ltd of Alnwick, England with the final assembly carried out by Constable Rod Works of Bromley, England. These rods were produced exclusively for Anglersmail of Cleveland, Ohio, from whom I bought this rod in the late 1970’s.

These original rods made by Constable are not as often seen as are the blanks, and while it was originally sold as a 3/4 wt rod, but I believe that it handles a 5 wt line better, or possibly even a 6.

I fished this rod regularly for several years after buying it, and its condition reflects that use, but I have not used it for 30+ years and it is still in good to very good, used condition.

If you’re interested, here is more information and a discussion of these rods from the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum some time ago:

I am asking $200.00 for the rod, or best reasonable offer, picked up in the Lancaster area, or (if I can find a suitable shipping tube) will ship it for the actual shipping cost, plus 3% for PayPal fees.

Send me a private message here to arrange purchase, or with any questions.

Thanks,

Image0
Image2
Image0

Asking price dropped to $150.00.

Anyone interest in this rod for $125.00?

I ran across this post. If you still have the rod, I'm interested.
Thanks,
Steve

pm sent to you on the rod. Thanks.

I still have this rod for sale. You can let me know if you’re interested. thanks.

Just a little bump for a sweet classic fiberglass rod. Fisher blanks, if I recall correctly, were used by Winston before they started producing their own.

Back