Chester County New Guy Checking IN

TPrettyman

TPrettyman

Hey y'all, moved up here from Florida in '20. Bit of a different type of fishing for me - group up going for Tarpon on Boca Grande so learning the ways of light tippet for trout.

I live in Phoenixville off of French Creeks FFO section. Hoping this summer to get out on the Skuke for bass for the first time, always looking for a partner with fun spots!

I should add before anyone asks - Prettyman is not a nickname it's my birth name. I get that a lot!

Welcome, I too live in Phoenixville, plenty of fishing to due in the area.

Either of you guys coming to the Jam? My kid lives in Phoenixville and is looking to fo more fishing this year. He'll be at the Jam.

No I won't be at jam, I might be in the area though fishing but with hot weather might just stay home.

There’s a meet up/event made up of users of this forum. I don’t know how to link the forum but if you look for events and meet up topic on main forum page you should find it

There’s a meet up/event made up of users of this forum. I don’t know how to link the forum but if you look for events and meet up topic on main forum page you should find it

Hey y'all, moved up here from Florida in '20. Bit of a different type of fishing for me - group up going for Tarpon on Boca Grande so learning the ways of light tippet for trout.

I live in Phoenixville off of French Creeks FFO section. Hoping this summer to get out on the Skuke for bass for the first time, always looking for a partner with fun spots!

I should add before anyone asks - Prettyman is not a nickname it's my birth name. I get that a lot!
Try Valley Creek for some wild trout in your area, and the Perkiomen (lower and middle) for smallies and upper for trout.

Try Valley Creek for some wild trout in your area, and the Perkiomen (lower and middle) for smallies and upper for trout.
Been hitting the Perk! No luck yet for smallies. Might be in the wrong spots. Flows are low. Just need to spend more time

Been hitting the Perk! No luck yet for smallies. Might be in the wrong spots. Flows are low. Just need to spend more time
The Perk has really gone downhill for smallies. I would widen your search to the upper Skuke, or better yet drive out to the Susky for SMB's this summer.

The Perk has really gone downhill for smallies. I would widen your search to the upper Skuke, or better yet drive out to the Susky for SMB's this summer.
It’s a real shame that’s the story for both of the major rivers close by.

Don’t really have the means to always drive an hour to find fish. Pretty disappointing.

Hoping to supplement my disappointment by hitting marsh creek which is reasonably close, for large mouth.

Been a long time since I fished it, but I always had decent luck around the Graterford Prison area on the Perky. About 100 yards south of where the bridge crosses to get to the prison.

Depends on where you fish it and what you know. Still some good smallies in there.

Depends on where you fish it and what you know. Still some good smallies in there.
I'm still trying to figure the perk out. Sections that appeared to have great smallie habitat end up being low grade low flow.

Just dialing it all in.

Sorry I can't give you specific locations. Some are better than others. Find deeper water within a long pool and that's always good. Last Fall I hooked into a 20 plus that came off at my kayak in an area that you wouldn't think held a fish this size. Probably moving through to find a wintering hole, just my guess.

Sorry I can't give you specific locations. Some are better than others. Find deeper water within a long pool and that's always good. Last Fall I hooked into a 20 plus that came off at my kayak in an area that you wouldn't think held a fish this size. Probably moving through to find a wintering hole, just my guess.
All good, putting it all together is the entire point of the fun for me.

I got in to a good bunch yesterday. None particularly big but it was a good sign!

just saw this. Welcome, and we must be neighbors. I live a minute or two from the FFO section of French creek. Always looking for new people to fish with.

Back