Camping and fishing

Vgiorgi

Vgiorgi

So I’m sure someone here can offer some great advice on a great place to camp and fish … looking for early June for a birthday camping trip. I live near Allentown and wouldn’t mind traveling a bit to get to a good fishing / camping spot ! Let’s hear ideas ! Thanks 🤙🏻

Poe Paddy is the obvious one. Streamside campground on one of our famous waters.

Lots of camping along Pine Creek as well which is still good in early June. Pettecote Junction as a commercial place with amenities. Several bike trail campgrounds along the route.

But if short drives are allowed, oh my there's lots of possibilities. Any campground mid state or north really.

Poe Paddy is the obvious one. Streamside campground on one of our famous waters.

Lots of camping along Pine Creek as well.

But if short drives are allowed, oh my there's lots of possibilities.
Why thank you sir ! Figured it would be wise to start here instead of a Google search 😂

Can report Pine creek is a great time. Stayed at Tomb Flats campground. Great water alongside the campground as well as a short drive above it.

Hickory Run State Park may not be bad depending on how early in June. It has Hickory Run and Mud Run within it's borders.

Little pine campground, Hyner run campground, sizerville campground, Reeds gap campground, all state parks, all have fishing(small streams) just a short walk from your tent.
Poe paddy if you want a big stream.
I've camped and fished from all of these.
Head to WV and the list gets longer, especially if you include national forest sites!

It ain't rustic but it has lots of amenities, Pine Creek right out front, with Cedar Run up the road, Slate Run a few miles away not to mention two restaurants, ice cream and a county store & fly shop minutes away...

Pettecote Junction Campground
Fished Slate run a month or so again and ate lunch at Hotel Manor. Burgers were delicious. A little pricey but well worth it. Plus a cool atmosphere for fishermen.

Back