Any information about Little Pine downstream of English Center?

6xAdams(Jones)

6xAdams(Jones)

I've only ever made it to the flat just above the gun range (which is just above Little Pine Lake). I tried to find information on this venue and the other interwebs but couldn't find too many specifics. Not asking for a spot burn. I'd just like to see if the additional time to get to the upstream water is worth it. We have been going there since the old men in the group can get to the water without too much of a hike and have recently found that the usual spots have filled with trees - except for the shallow flat below and the deeper flat above. Are there pull-offs and readily acceptable water up to Carsontown, or do we need to go all the way to English Center. It takes at least 30 minutes one-way to our usual spot above the lake to/from camp in Cammal. Pap is in his eighties and gets worn out after an hour of fishing, let alone an hour of driving.
Some photos would be nice. The only ones I could find are all about the bridge at English Center.
Thanks.
- Glenn

Above the lake to about Carsontown is a keystone select section as of 2 or 3 years ago. It has been very popular and well stocked. Unfortunately, some landowner issues arose last year and there are sections off limits now and PFBC isn't going to stock those posted sections any more.

Thanks - I'm guessing you're well-informed based on your handle. I thought it was all DHALO from the lake to English Center. Is PFCB not throwing any fish into the whole stretch, or just a few choice locations. I know COVID had them dropping fish off any bridge that crossed water and nowhere else.
Also, how do they keep all the Happy Acres campers out of there? We've had them pop out of the woods and fish over our shoulders sometimes. I understand about not crossing anyone's yard or not parking along a fence. We saw that at Slate Run and just go to Black Walnut Bottom where there's usually some room.
A couple of my boys netted their first trout in the Little Creek, so they have to go there every time we're in the canyon. I may just drop off the old man (with a grandson assistant) and explore upstream the next time we're there.

There are long stretches above the lake on state land that will still be stocked. The section with obvious posting and camps right along the creek will not be unless something changes.

I'm heading there Friday, is some of the posted stretch your referring to in the carsontown area ?

Yes, some of it was posted last summer.

OK, thanks. Little pine is where I started trout fishing, my uncle had a cabin where otter run dumps in , we also had a thousand acre hunting lease right across the creek. I love the area and haven't fished it in a while

Back