The Simms 2012 Shoot OutPublished by Dave Kile [dkile] on 05/02/2012 (1336 reads)
The Simms 2012 Shoot Out videography contest in Bozeman, Montana was held at this year's ICE OUT Guide Event from April 16-18, 2012. Videographers hit the water in Montana with the West's best fishing guides. The culmination was the Shoot Out competition held on April 19 at the Willson Auditorium in Bozeman, MT. Sponsored by Costa and The Drake Magazine, the Shoot Out is a one-of-a-kind event that celebrates fly fishing filmmaking and the fishing guide.
Rules of the Shoot Out Competition:
• Teams of 2
• Simms Guide Ambassador to accompany each group
• Teams started at sunrise (6:27am MST) on Monday, April 16
• Each team can only submit 1 film for inclusion in the MAIN EVENT
• All footage for inclusion in the MAIN EVENT must be shot during the prescribed shooting window
• Submitted films must be no longer than 6 minutes in length
All four finalists can be found here to review. Ian Majszak was the Shoot Out winner with "Untitled". My friends Luke Carroll and Adam Kryder from Raw Water Productions made their way out west from New York and entered this with "Brant Oswald".
I am looking forward to more projects from Luke and Adam this summer.
|Navigate through the items|
|Weekend Jamboree around the corner||2012 Quill Gordon Summit Recap|
The comments are owned by the author. We aren't responsible for their content.