Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Youghioghey River, Fayette County 9/16/2006
From Monessen, PA
Arrived around 10:30 AM. Confluence Guage read 779 cfs. Fished the long pool above Ramcat Run. Risers started around 1:00 PM and continued in spurts until I left at dark. There were BWOs in about size 20 hatching throughout the day, along with midges and a few cahill and slate drakes. There were also dark brown or black caddis size 16. The fish seemed to be taking either the BWOs or midges. The rises were mostly to emergers, but toward the end of the spurts, they were taking the duns. I had about 6-7 takes the whole time. The trick seemed to be to get your fly over them while they were near the surface grabbing the emergers. I hooked but lost two on a #20 BWO cdc, hooked and lost one on an olive wooly bugger (may have been a smallmouth), and near dark I landed a fat rainbow about 13 inches on a white spinner, as I was beginning to see white colored naturals laying eggs. The weather was cool, between low sixties and high sixties throughout the day. The early part of the day was heavily overcast with threatening but never starting showers. There were a few short periods of sun later in the afternoon.

Posted on: 2006/9/17 9:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
147 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com